What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra online photo archives

bildo

Juniors
I was trying to find a pic of my first childhood hero, Ken Thornett, to use as my profile pic, and was amazed to find only a few pretty ordinary pics of the great man, and none of Ken in Parra stripes. Does anyone know of a historical online archive of the old Parra teams. I thought for sure the club would have one but i cant find it .
Thanks in advance for any replies.

bartman

Immortal
Hi Bildo,

Ken Thornett pics are pretty hard to come by online. As are a lot of the early Parra days.

I know the club did have a touch screen of old photos and historical footage in the foyer near Sterlo's bar (top floor), but I'm not sure they've been made available online anywhere.

bildo

Juniors
Thanks a lot for that, Pete. I have just installed a new motherboard in my computer and dont have it all set up yet. If you see you have an email from Black Dog, that is me. :D

Good onya, mate.

Edit.. Got them Pete, many thanks. My family attended just about every Parra game, home and away,to see all three grades, between the years (approx) 1957 to 1968, and nobody thought to take any photos. : ( Got to go and fire up the printer, now. Thanks again, mate

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
The Mayor is my favourite Parra player of all time.
I started following in 1960 - my fifty years comes around this season. Never missed a game from 1962 - June 1966 - at which time I moved to Hay.
I loved watching all three grades..me and my mates made the Scoreboard Hill at Cumberland Oval our own special place...near the entrance to the Grandstand Area, on the opposite side to Scoreboard.
It was pre PCA days, and when you could take grog into the ground. We'd cart in a couple of eskies, and really fire up.....Aaaah the memories. When I look back now I just shudder..We were so one-eyed, but it was great fun.
We used to get over to Cumberland on Saturday morning to watch then go through the final sessions...and became good mates with the late Basil Cohen who was a hard worker for the Club.
In the "Its a small world department"..I ended up purchasing the freehold of a Hotel in town here, once owned by Bazil's father, Norman, who was also the owner of 1961 Melbourne Cup winner Lord Fury....

fibroboy

Juniors
Parra Pete,
I have also followed Parra since 1960.I remember you writing letters to the Daily Tele's 50-50 column in the 60's.A South Sydney supporter called Rhubarb used to argue with you in that column.

parra pete

Referee
That's right..Bloody long time ago....:lol: Use to love those times. Had Sid Barnes devote a column to me about 1965 Remember "Like it or Lump It"...He flayed into me because I stuck up for Ken Thornett when he was in his first season of coaching after taking over from Killer Kearney...

Latest posts