What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Players in 4 Nations

mondoro

Juniors
I thought that Fui had a very good game for New Zealand (Hard hit ups as per his normal Parra game)

Jarryd didn't get alot of opportunities for Australia. Hardly got a touch of the ball. IMO he is wasted on the wing.

lewiscook

Juniors
I thought that Fui had a very good game for New Zealand (Hard hit ups as per his normal Parra game)

Jarryd didn't get alot of opportunities for Australia. Hardly got a touch of the ball. IMO he is wasted on the wing.

Tbh Hayne should either be the Australian fullback or not in the side.
Hayne hasn't played on the wing for months and to suddenly be put there for a test match is ridiculous and can cost Australia with some of his decisions in defence.

i thought fui was pretty good but i thought he should of been on the field for a bit longer.

Bigfella

Coach
I don't think they could have picked Hayne anywhere but wing - but on the right was a massive mistake IMO. He was just about player of the Origin series on the left wing and they should have paired him with Inglis.

Plus Lockyer and Thurston went left almost every time. Add to that the fact that Justin Hodges passes the ball less than any centre playing the game, and it meant there were very few opportunities for him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hodge is the pope, never passes the pill. Hayne was wasted by Sheens the biggest myth in RL.

Voodoo Rock

Juniors
Thought fui played well, but didn;t get enough minutes, and haynelooked very tentative.

He doesn't seem comfortable in coming in to get the ball and overruling thurston or locky.

You'd also think Hindy may be in with a chance of grabbing a second rower spot or bench, as didn't think the forward pack bar petro and cam smith played particularly well to be honest

hayne was very quiet, hodges doesnt pass, which took one of the best players on form right out of the game. Having said that, he could of gone looking for it more. Hope he see's more action in the next game.

As for Fui, great performance.

Fee

Juniors
The forward pack bar a few were crap, and the defence by the majority of the team was crap too. If Hindy doesnt get a game next week Sheens is a bigger idiot than I thought. I also thought Fui played well , but we expected that, didnt we.

mickdo

Coach
The Kiwis were gang tackling, so instead of moving the ball we just did one out hit ups. Awful performance. Hayne got the ball twice on the wing... once passed to him along the ground, and the other time with 10 seconds left in the game. Waste of time really.

strider

Post Whore
hayne caught a cold on the wing - and billy's defense was woeful - pretty much let in the try that put nz infront ..... move hayne to full back :D

btw - remember how the entire world of parra fans bitches and moans when eric comes comes off his wing and a try happens .... super jarryd had a similar experience - caught in no mans land - sh*t happens sometimes

Hayne should never have been on the right wing.
Fui had a great game, most of the Kiwis tries were scored on the next play after a Fui hit up.

HaHa never had a chance. The ball was always shifted down the other side and if it came down his side it had no chance of moving past Hodges. Had little chance to do anything from kick because they mostly went to Morris.

salvy71

Juniors
Even with space down Haynes wing Hodges didn't look like passing it to him ....an absolute hog ....

fish eel

Immortal
I think what needs to happen is Slater and Hayne occasionally swap in attack, so Hayne can drift in and get involved more if he sees something

why not play with 2 fullbacks similar to the way Burt and Hayne do for us.
Both go back on the 5th tackle and the other winger stays up.

hybrideel

Bench
I'm fairly sure i read somewhere when talking about Morris getting his debut that Hayne chose the right wing rather than left

hybrideel

Bench
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26248667-5019264,00.html

Bryson Goodwin will make his debut marking Jarryd Hayne
By Steve Mascord
October 23, 2009
New Zealand winger Bryson Goodwin faces his major international initiation against the country his dad represented with distinction, and he will do it marking the world's form player.

The Bulldogs star numbering up on Jarryd Hayne was the major news when the Kiwis and Australia named their sides for their Four Nations openers at The Stoop, London.

Coach Stephen Kearney's side also featured call-ups for centre Junior Sau in preference to Krisnan Inu, halfback Nathan Fien edging out Thomas Leuluai, prop Fuifui Moimoi returning after a two-year absence, and youngster Keiran Foran landing a bench spot.

Asked who would mark Hayne, the NRL's Dally M winner for 2009, coach Stephen Kearney said: "It will be Bryson if he (Hayne) plays on their right."

Goodwin's father Ted was a former Australian Test fullback. The son won his first Test cap last week against Tonga.

Hayne trained at right wing for the Kangaroos on Wednesday.

Kearney said it would be every player's job to limit the effectiveness of the Parramatta star, who has been moved away from his club position of fullback for his northern hemisphere debut.

"We've got some handy guys with the football too," Kearney said.

"It's our plan to make sure we apply as much pressure with the ball as we can.

"I think he (Hayne) is dangerous wherever he is."

Australia, meanwhile, named three debutants - winger Brett Morris, prop Ben Hannant and interchange forward Brett White. Earlier yesterday, the Kiwis lost utility Greg Eastwood to a hamstring injury.

"He's unlikely, obviously, to be ready for the weekend, and we'll just look after him and the target will be to get him ready for the French game," team doctor Simon Mayhew said.

Kangaroos debutant Morris confirmed he would play on the left wing, admitting Hayne had chosen the right side.

The tournament kicks off with England hosting France at Doncaster's Keepmoat Stadium tomorrow morning.