What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Supporters

Swiftstylez

Bench
It is "us fans" Stagger Eel that keep the Eels afloat, you are no bigger than any other fan and you are kidding yourself if you think that is the case. Go support another club, none of us will miss you.

It isn't "mentally weak" to expect your team to perform. It's sheer stupidity to be complacent with scores put on you week after week after being promised a change in attitude again and again. This season so far has not been good enough and despite your best wishes, people AREN'T going to turn up and they ARE going to want changes. Stagger Eel sounds like one of those selfish pricks that think their team performs solely for them and everyone else is just a prop for his fandom. You are deranged mate.

Stagger Eel and Jake clearly don't have passion for our team and I bet that lack of passion extends to the other walks of "life". Do you suffer from ED? Oh wait you have to have a partner that is willing to see you with your clothes off first to be able to know. Get back to me.

Fans can say whatever they want and you aren't going to be able to mediate them at the end of the day. You can't control other people, 101 in your social skills manual.

The High Post Count Club is the only reason you are valued here Stagger and it's a really fake sense of belonging if looked at from the outside. I feel sorry for you and your lack of real connections. You are well on your way Jake, keep tonguing that ass like a mindless drone and suck up for your pseudo-respect from the clique.

Last edited:

jono

Juniors
Jake , I think you're being a bit harsh on a set of very frustrated but still loyal supporters.
Sure they are over the top - and I count myself amongst them - but ,it is fired by passion FOR the Parramatta Club. If we all didn't care , we wouldn't even bother entering into these debates.
No matter how much everyone rants and raves , I don't think any of us truly desert the club.
It's just human nature to let emotion take over logic.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
love browsing the eels forum after a loss........................................well maybe not

sportive cupid

Referee
The Eels aren't our children.
We don't owe them our loyalty nor is it somehow innate to support them no matter what.

Fans have every right to be annoyed .

True EEL

Bench
love browsing the eels forum after a loss........................................well maybe not

well, as u would know, these sorts of reactions were bound to happen, on either side of the reactionary coin

its tough though.....:(

fish eel

Immortal
We have been mostly crap over the past 30 years, so last night had a very familiar feeling about it. New coach, new board but it still feels the same.

Hopefully we can look good for 25 mins next week and maybe even 40 min the week after.

we've been mostly crap since 1947 aside from a ten year period and a few good runs since the SL war

Mickyd39

Juniors
FMD it is only round 6 and some people are carrying on like the club has folded.

Everyone should just F**king chill out.

I wonder if any of the supporters that are calling for the coach's head or sack this player or sack that player were around during the late 80's to mid 90's. They were tough times to be a Parra supporter.

I understand the frustration but i will be at Parra stadium next week cheering them on against the tits as should every other Parra supporter.

Keep the faith.

GO PARRA

True EEL

Bench
FMD it is only round 6 and some people are carrying on like the club has folded.

I wonder if any of the supporters that are calling for the coach's head or sack this player or sack that player were around during the late 80's to mid 90's. They were tough times to be a Parra supporter.

I understand the frustration but i will be at Parra stadium next week cheering them on against the tits as should every other Parra supporter.

Keep the faith.

GO PARRA

indeed they were tough times, but honestly these days are not looking that much better, especially if we keep perisiting with the same halves pairing and trying to fit a square peg of a game plan into a round hole of a team.....

Western_Eel

Juniors
The thing is guys the 1st 25mins of the game were unbelievable, I was so excited in the improvement of the team and it was great to watch,

The problem was when hayne decided to be an idoit and distroy the game,

If he didnt do what he did i beleive we would of ran all over the Dogs, Kearney said all off season that he was working on discipline, and thats still our bigest problem,

Fix that and we will start winning the big games

Parra Guru

Coach
I have faith we will improve but it will take changes in the halves & our attitude when we are behind on the scoreboard!

Kornstar

Coach

Keep the faith.

GO PARRA

Sat on the hill every game for that period, rain, hail or shine!

Difference between then and now is that they actually looked like they wanted to play for the Eels back then, not so sure at the moment......

Swiftstylez

Bench
Give it a day or two and we will all be ready for another game, but most of them this year have been very painful and you can tell it's making the players (Hindmarsh's interview) and the fans a little angry and restless.

The Bronx cheer when Mortimer exhausted himself out of options and was forced to run it, which turned out to be the best thing he had all year, was hilarious. The halves were both showing glimpses of NRL standard until we chopped off our own head.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
I've said it all along Jake, our fans are twice as weak mentally as the players at our club, we can probably learn from a few hard nosed fans out there who have had to endure the crap that their club has dished out for many years..

souths fans
Saints fans (pre 2010)
sharks fans..
Melbourne fans.. (who had 2 premierships taken away from them in a drop of a hat)
Newcastle fans..(post Johns)

jesus people! harden the eff up! this was ALWAYS! going to be a rebuilding year, we were ALWAYS going to be up against it.

get the f**k over it and suck it up princess's..

Why would a team who made a grand final with a relatively young team in 2009 and be Premiership favourites at the start of the 2010 season have to have a rebuilding year less than a season later.....It doesnt make sense...... So I can see the reasons why people say sack the board/CEO, etc. Sacking the coach is a bit harsh after 5 rounds I will admit, but some of his decisions he has made have alot to be desired so far and I can see where people are coming from....

Rebuilding years are a load of rubbish....if you assemble the right players each and every year you can win the comp....

The club has made poor recruitment decisions and someone needs to be accountable for it.

Fee

Juniors
I've said it all along Jake, our fans are twice as weak mentally as the players at our club, we can probably learn from a few hard nosed fans out there who have had to endure the crap that their club has dished out for many years..

souths fans
Saints fans (pre 2010)
sharks fans..
Melbourne fans.. (who had 2 premierships taken away from them in a drop of a hat)

jesus people! harden the eff up! this was ALWAYS! going to be a rebuilding year, we were ALWAYS going to be up against it.

Totally agree, I was cranky last night. But you are right this was always going to be a rebuilding time at our club. We have to be patient,as hard as that may be sometimes. I just want to see a little improvement and I will be happy. Happier then.;-)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How were we travelling after 6 rounds under DA??? If i remember people said we have to give DA time he's been a left a mess after Hage's left. So why isn't Kearney being afforded the same leniency??? And IMO he has an even weaker squad than DA was left with. The board and Ossie should be asked some massive questions but Kearney,Arthurs and co should not be in the firing line.

How were we travelling after 6 rounds under DA??? If i remember people said we have to give DA time he's been a left a mess after Hage's left. So why isn't Kearney being afforded the same leniency??? And IMO he has an even weaker squad than DA was left with. The board and Ossie should be asked some massive questions but Kearney,Arthurs and co should not be in the firing line.

100% agree. People are aiming their frustrations at the wrong people. Wayne Bennett would strugle to win with this roster.

ShaunC

Juniors
I watched the first half again while at the gym today and until Hayne decided he'd point to Payne exactly where the swinging arm connected, things were looking good.

When the Eels execute Kearney's plans they look good and play well (ie against Warriors and Cowboys). Discipline is the key and the Eels departed from the plan and it cost them the game.

Like many, I am disappointed that Kearney hasn't won us a premiership after 6 rounds. But the first half the season was going to be rocky as the team adjusts.

But stepping back, if the worst thing the befall me this week is the Eels losing then life in general is not too bad. A winning Eels team would be nice though.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors

souths fans
Saints fans (pre 2010)
sharks fans..

Ah that R word again, ok rebuilding this year, what about next year, have we signed anyone, do we have anyone in mind, i think not.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
We have been mostly crap over the past 30 years, so last night had a very familiar feeling about it. New coach, new board but it still feels the same.

Hopefully we can look good for 25 mins next week and maybe even 40 min the week after.
Agreed, it feels like we have been rebuilding for 30 years, so I really do think Jake u need to have a good long hard look at yourself and see people arent whinging about just last night but also the past 3 DECADES, I dont get how u dont get that.

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
The thing is guys the 1st 25mins of the game were unbelievable, I was so excited in the improvement of the team and it was great to watch,

The problem was when hayne decided to be an idoit and distroy the game,

If he didnt do what he did i beleive we would of ran all over the Dogs, Kearney said all off season that he was working on discipline, and thats still our bigest problem,

Fix that and we will start winning the big games

As much as there was a genuine improvement, I think you are overselling it a little. The Dogs made a ton of errors in the opening 25 mins - handing us possession. Once it evened up, we couldn't go with them.

WOE