What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Team V Saints

http://parramatta-advertiser.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/inu-named-for-eels-finals-clash/

Inu named for Eels finals clash

PARRAMATTA will give centre Krisnan Inu until late in the week to prove his fitness ahead of the qualifying final at St George-Illawarra on Sunday.
Inu left the field with a hamstring complaint midway through the Saints’ 37-0 win over the Eels at WIN Jubilee Oval on Friday.
Coach Daniel Anderson said he would name Inu in the side, but would give him until late this week to pass a fitness test.
Nathan Hindmarsh and Eric Grothe have overcome a toe injury and virus respectively and will also play.
As Eels fans wonder whether their team can bounce back, the Advertiser asked the club’s finals heroes what the side needs to do to upset the minor premiers:
Brett Kenny, former five eighth
``They have got to play a bit straighter. We went too wide (last Friday). We didn’t punch any holes up the middle. There is no secret, you have just got to do your job.
``One of the reasons Jarryd Hayne has been so good is the forwards were dominating, which allows the halves more room and gets the ball to the backs. You saw that Jarryd Hayne wasn’t able to do what he has been doing.
``So the forwards have got to get on top.’’
Eric Grothe, former winger
``They have to hold the ball. They need to get to the kick, and hold the ball for their sets of six. Then everything looks after itself and you get confidence.
``(In attack,) the high ball hasn’t been used much at Parramatta because they have been scoring at will. Kicking to the corners for the wingers has been left out so we could probably use that more.
``I’d also like to see us attacking Jamie Soward a bit more. He handles it OK, but get Fuifui (Moimoi) running at him and tire him out.’’
Paul Mares, former prop
``Who do you look to stop in this side? How do you stop such a good team?
``I guess you try and shut down Jamie Soward.
``(The Eels) have to defend strongly. They have got to control the ball and defend strongly. That’s just it. That is the whole game now.
``But I think it’s going to be very tough for them.’’
Eels team to play qualifying final:
1 Jarryd HAYNE
2 Luke BURT
3 Krisnan INU
4 Joel REDDY
5 Eric GROTHE
6 Daniel MORTIMER
7 Jeff ROBSON
8 Nathan CAYLESS [C]
9 Matthew KEATING
10 Fuifui MOIMOI
11 Nathan HINDMARSH
12 Ben SMITH
13 Todd LOWRIE

Interchange:
14 Kevin KINGSTON
15 Feleti MATEO
17 Tim MANNAH
19 Joe GALUVAO

Parra Guru

Coach
Eels team to play qualifying final:
1 Jarryd HAYNE
2 Luke BURT
3 Krisnan INU
4 Joel REDDY
5 Eric GROTHE
6 Daniel MORTIMER
7 Jeff ROBSON
8 Nathan CAYLESS [C]
9 Matthew KEATING
10 Fuifui MOIMOI
11 Nathan HINDMARSH
12 Ben SMITH
13 Todd LOWRIE

Interchange:
14 Kevin KINGSTON
15 Feleti MATEO
17 Tim MANNAH
19 Joe GALUVAO

Woo hoo!!!

Do we expect to see a change for Joey G??

bartman

Immortal
As expected. Bring it on!

I think DA just swaps Ben and Joe G randomly, and depending which jersey number is in the wash?

Where did they drag Paul Mares from to give a quote on the team? :lol: Wasn't he involved in some insurance scam involving reported cars after his playing days?

fanaticeel

Juniors
Lets just :pray: Inu is right by Sunday. He should be.

It's good that we've had quite a settled team for quite a while now.

What last week showed though that j wright isn't quite ready for 1st grade. I'll be glad when Timana's back next year we will have so much more depth in the backs.

Gronk

Staff member

I think DA just swaps Ben and Joe G randomly, and depending which jersey number is in the wash?

Where did they drag Paul Mares from to give a quote on the team? :lol: Wasn't he involved in some insurance scam involving reported cars after his playing days?

Hmm quotes from Paul Mares & Eric Grothe Snr on the same page. I hope they still don't do little projects together ! :lol:

yy_cheng

Coach
I used to like Paul Mares. He thought he was a halfback in a Prop's body.

If INU is out, I'd prefer Brod in and Smith to the centres.

Just hope that Eric gets over his problems because if both Eric and INU are out well.....

junior009

Juniors

I don't think Daniel Anderson does ANYTHING randomly

Parra Guru

Coach
I used to like Paul Mares. He thought he was a halfback in a Prop's body.

If INU is out, I'd prefer Brod in and Smith to the centres.

Just hope that Eric gets over his problems because if both Eric and INU are out well.....

Eric mentioned to me during the week he'd definitely be right for Sunday. Had a bad virus last week.

Hmm quotes from Paul Mares & Eric Grothe Snr on the same page. I hope they still don't do little projects together ! :lol:

Eric: (Answers phone, blah blah) Hey, if you're looking for quotes from former players, I've got Paul Mares right next to me...

With intelligent comments:roll: like these, I cannot for the life of me, begin to understand how the car insurance company caught up with Eric Snr & Maresy.....:roll::lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hindy and Guru should make a huge difference, i'm hoping DA kept plenty up his sleeve for this game.