What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra vs Sharks - Game day thread

Gronk

Staff member
Loved the passion from Saturday. Now they just have to build on that and lift again vs GC.

I thought everyone played well - except for Keating who was average. Nathan Smith looked nippy in Reggies so hopefully he will solve part of the Keating/Roberts fiasco.

Was there any coincidence that Sandow was AWOL when we were running the ball on the tackle 3/4, yet Hayne was chiming into the backline like the old days ?

Gronk

Staff member
sandow AWOL? can't say i noticed - thought he was involved alot

I would say that the Hayne/Sandow game plan in Rnd 1 vs Warriors compared to this game vs Sharks is deliberately different.

In Rnd 1 Hayne was the trdaitional fullback and running Slater type lines in support. Sandow was the go-to man in attack

This week Hayne was bobbing up in the backline and far more involved. Sandow was less involved.

mickdo

Coach
Nathan Smith looked nippy in Reggies so hopefully he will solve part of the Keating/Roberts fiasco.

Did you get the chance to see any of him defending in that game? If he can at least hold his own there he would be a huge step up on those two.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I would say that the Hayne/Sandow game plan in Rnd 1 vs Warriors compared to this game vs Sharks is deliberately different.

In Rnd 1 Hayne was the trdaitional fullback and running Slater type lines in support. Sandow was the go-to man in attack

This week Hayne was bobbing up in the backline and far more involved. Sandow was less involved.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's deliberate - perhaps Sticky is deliberately trying to teach the boys either way so that, eventually, we can look to Hayne if Sandow is out of spark and vice versa. Because you're 100% right - Hayne and Sandow's games in rounds 1 and 5 were vastly different, and I don't think it was entirely because of our loss in round 4.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Did you get the chance to see any of him defending in that game? If he can at least hold his own there he would be a huge step up on those two.

Mate, relying on Nathan Smith will only lead to heartbreak. He is bog average, and he played like it on the weekend.

ParraSteve

Juniors
taken my 1 year old to both the warriors & sharks games for wins, might have to send her up with the team on sunday.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Mate, relying on Nathan Smith will only lead to heartbreak. He is bog average, and he played like it on the weekend.

Nathan Smith was first game back. I don't think he is a top 5 NRL hooker but reliable to get the job done. I like his running game better than Keating's one.

Looking through the lower grades we don't have much else and unless we get someone of real quality in there he may get the go ahead. I would suggest throwing him in at 14 in NRL and seeing how he goes.

Gronk

Staff member
Tim Mannah made the VB NSWRL Team of the Week this week. He's now made the team twice this year.

Good chance for a City selection ?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Nathan Smith was first game back. I don't think he is a top 5 NRL hooker but reliable to get the job done. I like his running game better than Keating's one.

Looking through the lower grades we don't have much else and unless we get someone of real quality in there he may get the go ahead. I would suggest throwing him in at 14 in NRL and seeing how he goes.

First game back or not, he's dead average, and his defence is certainly worse than Keating's. Also, first game back or not, Smith won't play any better than he did at the weekend.

eels81236

Bench
taken my 1 year old to both the warriors & sharks games for wins, might have to send her up with the team on sunday.

Parcel post would be considered cruel by some. However a wins a win, I guess.

i'll chip in for some bubble wrap to help make the ride more luxurious :thumn

I'll throw in a couple of those little bags of silica(?) to absorb some moisture. I reckon it could get pretty damp in there.

jono

Juniors
It certainly is compared to ANZ.
This is one of the things that piss me off.......the sign at Parramatta Stadium says "This is Parramatta", not "This is Parramatta unless ANZ stadium trust want to throw us a few dollars to play in their mausoleum"
Does the sign for the home game against the tits say"This is Mudgee" ?