What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra won't whine

Pricey

Juniors
Parra won't whine
June 20, 2006
PARRAMATTA will not be pursuing a tampering complaint against their former coach Brian Smith over Jamie Lyon -- and they may sever their ties with the former Australian international as soon as today.
Agent George Mimis refused to confirm or deny that new Newcastle coach Smith had held talks with Lyon in England over the past two weeks -- despite Lyon not having permission to negotiate with other clubs.
NRL chief executive David Gallop said the Eels were welcome to make a complaint but CEO Denis Fitzgerald said: "Look, that's not a worry.
"Presumably there is no evidence and you can't stop former coaches from speaking to their former players."
Parramatta have a sizeable offer in for Lyon but Fitzgerald said: "We've just about given up hope.
"We would have thought something would have happened by now. We will make a decision in the next week."

Hellsy

Immortal
I agree, but I'm almost glad we are not pursuing anything, just let it be over and done with I reckon

strider

Post Whore
we are letting other players we can't come to terms with negotiate with other clubs - just let the little prick go sort himself out where ever he wants to go and be done with it .... HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
we are letting other players we can't come to terms with negotiate with other clubs - just let the little prick go sort himself out where ever he wants to go and be done with it .... HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE

well put, not unless both parties having calling bluff all along ;-) ..

I really couldn't see it happening.

Daneel

Bench
Hellsy said:
I agree, but I'm almost glad we are not pursuing anything, just let it be over and done with I reckon

Good call Hellsy. There is no point making a complaint about what everyone is doing anyway. Anti tampering deadline. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bigfella

Coach
Parra won't make a complaint about Newcastle as they know he is already signed to Manly and has been for about 4 years ...

James_Hardie

Juniors
"We would have thought something would have happened by now. We will make a decision in the next week."

This is a good and bad comment from Fitzy.

Bad: in that we are still considering him and not focusing on our alternatives.
Good: That it appears we are not going to get into a bargaining war come July.

The Colonel

Immortal
James_Hardie said:
This is a good and bad comment from Fitzy.

Bad: in that we are still considering him and not focusing on our alternatives.

If our "alternatives" aren't available to be negotiated with until the end of next week it really wouldn't matter would it?

eelandia

Juniors
I heard Fitzy say on BSB 2KY last Friday that it is 'very unlikely' that Jamie Lyon will be playing for the Eels next year. Previous to this it was no comment.

James_Hardie

Juniors
The Colonel said:
If our "alternatives" aren't available to be negotiated with until the end of next week it really wouldn't matter would it?

Some of our alternatives are retaining players. John Morris is an example. Blake Green is another. It may be a big part of the decison for us to offer them something, and for them to decide to stay if they no for sure if Lyon is coming or not.

Stagger eel

Staff member
well the great mystery is none of us other than the people concerned know what our alternatives are, it appears where going about business very quietly in the player market, let's see what happens.