What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eel Eric Grothe Jr told to find new home

The Colonel

Immortal
So if Eric had said look I ain't happy I want to go negotigate with others, but was playing well, the club would be cool?

The club have also told Moimoi that he is free to go to another club if they can find a replacement player of a similar calibre. At this stage of the season he has been our best front rower.

fish eel

Immortal
So if Eric had said look I ain't happy I want to go negotigate with others, but was playing well, the club would be cool?

Have a look at how many guys we've let go and then I think you could answer that question yourself ;-)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Did you stop at the start of the article?
Yes I don't believe em, anymore than I do a player.

Do you jump up and down when the Sharks shop Ben Ross around each season?
f**k yeah, pisses me off. If players are expected to honour contracts so should clubs. Seems to me people only cry foul if a player says f**k off and walks, but have no issue when a club does.

Is it a contract or not? neither party should be able to walk away.

Not picking on Parra all clubs do it. But hey you all want to think clubs are pure and players are the problem go ahead.

strider

Post Whore
but maybe its the best thing for eric??? - he's obviously not seen in th best light by the parra coaching staff atm, having been dropped to wenty for a long stint ..... some players get a lift from shifting clubs

i think comparing clubs telling players they are free to leave if they find something better and players who just piss off (ie sbw) is WAY off target

caylo

Bench
If Grothe Leaves and we sign Kafusi then we are better off (even if we still pay 100-50K of grothes contract)
Our team would be:

Hayne
Etu/Wright
Smith
Inu
Reddy
Keating
Finch
Cayless
Keating
Fui
Hindmarsh
Kafusi
Mateo

Lowrie
Cordoba
Mannah
Paulo

Hauraki
Oake
Galovou
Tautai

The extra go forward the kafusi would give us would negate the reliance of goforward from out outside backs.

fish eel

Immortal
Don't roll your eyes at me either fishy.

I roll my eyes at whoever I want :lol:

mr angry said:
Is it a contract or not? neither party should be able to walk away.

and, SBW excepted, no single party walks away.

When players are let go early, say, to go to the UK, it takes BOTH parties to reach an agreement.

spiderdan

Bench
Don't roll your eyes at me either fishy.

Disagree by all means.
mate i agree with you.

definitely double standards out there when it comes to breaking or not wanting to honour contracts.

a contract is a contract and should be binding regardless of which party wants out.

WA Eel

Juniors
I couldn't see him going to another club to be honest. I mean his stint at Easts was hardly successful and rewarding.

dazeely

First Grade
Hayne
Etu/Wright
Smith
Inu
Reddy
Keating
Finch
Cayless
Keating
Kafusi
Cordoba
Hindmarsh
Mateo

Lowrie (utility role)
Fui
Mannah
Paulo

Forwards reserves:
Oake
Galovou
Backs reserves:
Tautai
Burt

bartman

Immortal
Hmmm, I guess we can take from this news that Eric hadn't worked on his defense issues very hard while with Wenty? I know he's been injured the past month, but when you get dropped usually the coach looks for a turnaround in performance. The main trouble I saw in Eric was the slow turnaround to chase kicks through - something that another departing winger is also quite bad at.

I can't see Eric as the type to go to England, what with being pretty relaxed about his rugby league career and having interest in his band here etc. But he'd be a handy pickup for the 25 man squad of another Sydney club, on smallish money (80-100K).

Gronk

Staff member
mate i agree with you.

definitely double standards out there when it comes to breaking or not wanting to honour contracts.

a contract is a contract and should be binding regardless of which party wants out.

Parramatta have no intentions in breaking any contract. It's just that Eric has been told that he probably won't play anywhere other than Wenty from now on. At least we are not shipping him up to QLD Cup away from his family like Souths did to Smokin Joe. Dirty pool that.

sooperdooper

First Grade
from reports grothe does not want to go and beleives he can force himself back onto the wing....
this is 2nd hand info so not to sure how accurate it is.

Ryan

Juniors
Well, I heard (just forum speak) that with M Bani signing a decent 3 year contract with us (Manly) earlier this year, there may be a young winger who is a little homesick. If D Williams re-signs with you guys - I will be filthy.

IMO he is better than Bani.

Thought's? Remember, I'm not sourcing this - just rumour.

Bigfella

Coach
Parramatta have no intentions in breaking any contract. It's just that Eric has been told that he probably won't play anywhere other than Wenty from now on. At least we are not shipping him up to QLD Cup away from his family like Souths did to Smokin Joe. Dirty pool that.

If they are saying:

1. Your form has been so bad you won't be considered for first grade for the next 2 years

it is no real different.

Especially as the form of the wingers ahead of him (one of whom is leaving the club anyway) has been average and has been below the level he was playing at when dropped, with the exception of eprhaps one game from each of them.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Well, I heard (just forum speak) that with M Bani signing a decent 3 year contract with us (Manly) earlier this year, there may be a young winger who is a little homesick. If D Williams re-signs with you guys - I will be filthy.

IMO he is better than Bani.

Thought's? Remember, I'm not sourcing this - just rumour.

well i do for one know he is back here every chance possible..

Latest posts