What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
'Developing'

He's an average first grader, at a position we're fairly strong in already. The only way he wouldn't have become an average first grader at Parra was being stuck behind better players. You know he's older than Tepai Moeroa?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If you're going to be undersized that needs to be your only weakness. Tanginoa also lacks work rate. Good speed and power though.

Chipmunk

Coach
Still cant believe Nsw won with so many players ruled out with injuries.
Great effort bye the Parra boys.
Nsw structure was very ordinary as was there organisation. There halves were very poor which in return didnt allow JP. Norah into the game.
Stefano was strong up front.

Just as a matter of interest what is the overall record of this Under 18's State game?

I know I'm generalising, but I would have thought that NSW would have more bigger, faster and stronger Polynesian kids and would win this match every year?

Just as a matter of interest what is the overall record of this Under 18's State game?

I know I'm generalising, but I would have thought that NSW would have more bigger, faster and stronger Polynesian kids and would win this match every year?

The last 5 years Nsw won 4 lost 1 not including this year.
So it now stands 5-1 Nsw way.
As for islanders there are a few in Qld. Look at last years u18s Qld had more Islanders than Nsw

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don’t have the numbers on heritage but comparing the number of Islander surnames between the two teams shows you’re right. NSW had 20% more Islander surnames. But with only nine such names featured across the 34, surely they aren’t quite as important as you think.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don’t have the numbers on heritage but comparing the number of Islander surnames between the two teams shows you’re right. NSW had 20% more Islander surnames. But with only nine such names featured across the 34, surely they aren’t quite as important as you think.

I'm not sold on your method tbh...

The NSW Under-18s side is as follows:

1. John Fonua (Parramatta Eels)
2. Sebastian Kris (Canberra Raiders)
17. Teig Wilton (Cronulla Sharks)
4. Zac Lomax (St George Illawarra Dragons)
5. Ethan Parry (Parramatta Eels)
6. Jaeman Salmon (Cronulla Sharks)
7. Luke Metcalf (Cronulla Sharks)
8. Oregon Kaufusi (Parramatta Eels)
9. Kyle Schneider (Parramatta Eels)
10. Payne Haas (c) (Brisbane Broncos)
11. Filia Utoikamanu (Parramatta Eels)
15. Alex Seyfarth (Balmain Tigers)
13. Lindsay Smith (Penrith Panthers)

3. Noel Aukafolau (Parramatta Eels)
12. Joshua Curran (Sydney Roosters)
14. Jake Hazard (Sydney Roosters)
16. Duwayne Fuimaono (Sydney Roosters)

18. Elih Jackson (Central Coast Roosters)

Head coach: Brad Fittler
Assistant coach: Danny Buderus
Development coach: Mark O'Meley

The Queensland Under-18s side is as follows:

1. Travis Turnbull (Western Mustangs)
  2. Treymain Spry (Sydney Roosters / Ipswich Jets)
  3. Murray Taulagi (NQ Cowboys / Townsville Blackhawks)
  4. Ronaldo Mulitalo (Cronulla Sharks)
  5. Kea Pere (Melbourne Storm / Easts Tigers)
  6. Cory Paix (Western Mustangs)
  7. Tanah Boyd (Souths Logan)
  8. Logan Bayliss-Brow (NQ Cowboys / Townsville Blackhawks)
  9. Tyson Smoothy (Brisbane Broncos / Redcliffe Dolphins)
  10. Eddie Blacker (Brisbane Broncos / Norths Devils)
  11. Brandon Russell (Brisbane Broncos / Ipswich Jets)
  12. J’maine Hopgood (Penrith Panthers)
  13. Reihana Marsh (Gold Coast Titans)
  14. Kyle Paterson (NQ Cowboys / Townsville Blackhawks)
  15. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui (Sunshine Coast)
  16. Garrett Smith (Mackay Cutters)
  17. Thomas Gilbert (Norths Devils)
  18. Brock Diment (Western Mustangs)
2017 u18s Origin teams

Nsw - 1 - 8 - 11 - 3 -16 Islanders
Qld - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 13 - 15 Islanders

Bazal

Post Whore
You don't think the number of Islander surnames would be representative of the number of Islanders, at least compared between the two teams?

Well it might.

One of them might also have a good ol' Scots Highlander surname like Frizell and throw us all off.

did you include Polynesian surnames similar to Edwards, Jennings & Pritchard

rugby league fan said:
Tyson Smoothy
Get f**ked

Hey Pou - My apologies mate. I'm completely dumbfounded where this quote has come from as i have not been on my computer since my big post at 7.19pm. So i'm confused where the QUOTE frfom me mentioning TYSON SMOOTHY came from as i didnt write that..!
Tyson is not Islander at all.! His White, That is why i'm confused as i know the family & didnt write he was Islander or where it came from.!

The other boys i didnt write as Islanders where Sebastian Kris who has Aboriginal in him but also looks a little Islander but unsure.
The other boy is Payne Hass as i know his family have Phillipines in him but also looks Islander somewhere.

Attachments

• 14358997_1713639332294517_8834438124522014762_n.jpg
    14358997_1713639332294517_8834438124522014762_n.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 10981847_624484821021262_68496811894853812_n.jpg
    10981847_624484821021262_68496811894853812_n.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 1