What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

T-Boon

Coach
I recognise one name - Danny Vale.
If he is the guy I am thinking of he is from the Kurri Bulldogs so we got him under the nose of the Knights. He was featured in some GIO cup games playing for All Saints Maitland. fullback, very fast.

Sydney FC must have rejected him.
Serbia-Flag.png

Or maybe he's following Michael and George's footsteps, just missing the trip to Penrith.

ALX25

Bench
So does this mean that Albert Etuati Faavae, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Brent Barnes, Caleb Tohi, Charlie Murray, David Hollis, Jayden Skinner, Sam Hughes, Tevita Masima and Tyler Field are all with the Flegg side?

Delboy

First Grade
So does this mean that Albert Etuati Faavae, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Brent Barnes, Caleb Tohi, Charlie Murray, David Hollis, Jayden Skinner, Sam Hughes, Tevita Masima and Tyler Field are all with the Flegg side?
Yes, they are training up. Charlie Murray is likely to remain in Qld to finish school. The philosophy is to push 7-10 players up a year, not to win age comps but get them better prepared. That started last year , and less emphasis on recruiting outside our juniors. This has full support within the club.

Yes, they are training up. Charlie Murray is likely to remain in Qld to finish school. The philosophy is to push 7-10 players up a year, not to win age comps but get them better prepared. That started last year , and less emphasis on recruiting outside our juniors. This has full support within the club.

But every player except 1 this year went back and played SG Ball.
Its great the club are pushing the players but most didnt handle SG Ball great a year young let alone Jersey Flegg 3 years young. Big difference.
If there not ready why push them.?
I personally think most if not all will end up playing ball and once thats finished will go back up to Flegg.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
But every player except 1 this year went back and played SG Ball.
Its great the club are pushing the players but most didnt handle SG Ball great a year young let alone Jersey Flegg 3 years young. Big difference.
If there not ready why push them.?
I personally think most if not all will end up playing ball and once thats finished will go back up to Flegg.

May help with identifying who we should lock up long term (eg until they are 20) so other clubs can’t get them and the others that aren’t up to it straight away we can just wait to see how they go first.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
May help with identifying who we should lock up long term (eg until they are 20) so other clubs can’t get them and the others that aren’t up to it straight away we can just wait to see how they go first.
This is the point. We aren't interested in winning junior footy comps. It's all about identification and retention, and that requires pushing kids forward into higher age groups to see how they handle it. While some first graders didn't handle the transition to senior footy straight away, I doubt there is an NRL player in history who didn't handle SG Ball at age 16 or Flegg at 17 or 18.

If they're killing it against kids their own age but can't cope with kids a year or two older you don't bother offering them adult contracts at 18. They won't become first graders.

Yes I'm sure there are exceptions, but hoping a poor-performer is an exception is not the way to run a system. Resources are limited, and you have to play the numbers.

hindy111

Post Whore
This is the point. We aren't interested in winning junior footy comps. It's all about identification and retention, and that requires pushing kids forward into higher age groups to see how they handle it. While some first graders didn't handle the transition to senior footy straight away, I doubt there is an NRL player in history who didn't handle SG Ball at age 16 or Flegg at 17 or 18.

If they're killing it against kids their own age but can't cope with kids a year or two older you don't bother offering them adult contracts at 18. They won't become first graders.

Yes I'm sure there are exceptions, but hoping a poor-performer is an exception is not the way to run a system. Resources are limited, and you have to play the numbers.

Andrew Ryan couldnt even make Mcarthy highs first grade football side. He was in 2nds. Ned Cattic ended up playing first grade and was seen as real potential along with 3 or 4 others. Bobcat went on to play for Australia

T.S Quint

Coach
Andrew Ryan couldnt even make Mcarthy highs first grade football side. He was in 2nds. Ned Cattic ended up playing first grade and was seen as real potential along with 3 or 4 others. Bobcat went on to play for Australia

Those would be the exceptions that Pou mentioned.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
The two that will probably stay up in Flegg are Hollis and Hughes. Hollis played 3 games off the bench and looked decent in limited minutes. Hughes had 1 game but would've played more if not injured.

Looking at promotions and the 19-20 year olds, it'll be a fairly inexperienced team across the board in the Flegg next year.

Delboy

First Grade
To continue the story of poor admin of the Parra Junior League, when I was heavily involved 3/4 years ago , I sat down with the then GM and discussed making sure there was a team in the McGraths Hill/PittTown area to take advantage of the population shift.

Even down to approaching council for a ground as a first step, a map on the wall outlined it. A few months later he was let go by the manager football to run the Penrith JRL despite wanting to stay and wanting a pay rise to compete, so today I am at Rouse Hill Town Centre approached by the NorthWest Magpies newly set up Junior team from Pitt Town aligned with the Panthers.

Nothing done by the GM appointed by that football manager as numbers decline, hopefully the review team speak to the admin of the junior clubs to understand the lack of support for the current set up and GM.

Glenneel

Bench
My newspaper headline for tomorrow:
Billy Slater awarded Clive Churchill medal although only lasting 10 minutes into match before being injured.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
My newspaper headline for tomorrow:
Billy Slater awarded Clive Churchill medal although only lasting 10 minutes into match before being injured.

One of the few times you post outside of the rumours and stuff thread and you f*** it up.

Unless we've signed a young player called Billy Slater?

I just want to bring this sad story to everyone's attention. Valance Harris lost his mother to cancer this year and there is a fundraiser for the family at Guildford Leagues on Nov 3rd. Valance had to work training and football around looking after his dying mother and looking after his younger brothers as well as his schoolwork this year. These are the stories that you never consider when judging young players.
Please consider attending or donating.

https://www.outix.net/tickets/event/harris-family-fundraiser

https://www.facebook.com/pages/cate...ion/Harris-Family-Fundraiser-274642043024103/

Gronk

Staff member
I just want to bring this sad story to everyone's attention. Valance Harris lost his mother to cancer this year and there is a fundraiser for the family at Guildford Leagues on Nov 3rd. Valance had to work training and football around looking after his dying mother and looking after his younger brothers as well as his schoolwork this year. These are the stories that you never consider when judging young players.
Please consider attending or donating.

https://www.outix.net/tickets/event/harris-family-fundraiser

https://www.facebook.com/pages/cate...ion/Harris-Family-Fundraiser-274642043024103/

Poor kid. I made a donation.

Latest posts