What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Poor kid, Which makes what he has achieved this year even more remarkable.
What a sad story. Well done to all involved with the Fundraiser
I just made a donation myself as i am unable to attend.!
Thank you for sharing

chiefy1

Juniors
So not one Parramatta player could make the top 34 kiwi or kangaroos junior teams. So much for all the hype about brad's 5th year juniors.

Not one

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So not one Parramatta player could make the top 34 kiwi or kangaroos junior teams. So much for all the hype about brad's 5th year juniors.

Not one

I would rather our juniors cough cough kaufusi, Salmon, Mahoney cough cough play NRL then in a meanless junior rep game!!

Additionally wouId rather Brown, Stef, Parry, Dunster and co injury free for a big offseason.

chiefy1

Juniors
I would rather our juniors cough cough kaufusi, Salmon, Mahoney cough cough play NRL then in a meanless junior rep game!!

Additionally wouId rather Brown, Stef, Parry, Dunster and co injury free for a big offseason.

I like the looks of our juniors particularly Stef brown Faainga and Kaufusi. It's getting them to the next level which worries me.

Well no disrespect to any of them. Hard to pick Salmon over Osullivan and Clifford. The same with Mahoney over Brailey and Robson in my opinion.
As for Kaufusi i herd he was wanted bye both Aus and Nz and couldnt make up his mind who to align with. Kaufusi also didnt want to ruin any future opportunity to play for Nsw origin as he has previously with our Nsw origin junior teams.

Next year i have no doubt we will have a few play.
Aus - Salmon 19yo - Utoikamanu 18yo, Schneider 18yo, Parry 19yo, and possibly Kaufusi 19yo
Nz - Brown 18yo, Haze 19yo, Valance 18yo and possibly Tipari 19yo

Last edited:

chiefy1

Juniors
Well no disrespect to any of them. Hard to pick Salmon over Osullivan and Clifford. The same with Mahoney over Brailey and Robson in my opinion.
As for Kaufusi i herd he was wanted bye both Aus and Nz and couldnt make up his mind who to align with. Kaufusi also didnt want to ruin any future opportunity to play for Nsw origin as he has previously with our Nsw origin junior teams.

Aus - Salmon - Utoikamanu, Schneider, Parry, and possibly Kaufusi
Nz - Brown, Haze, Valance and possibly Tipari

Fair enough

hindy111

Post Whore

Aus - Salmon - Utoikamanu, Schneider, Parry, and possibly Kaufusi
Nz - Brown, Haze, Valance and possibly Tipari

You seem to know our juniors well.
Any updates on Tui and Noel Aka.
And what future do you see Noel having?

You seem to know our juniors well.
Any updates on Tui and Noel Aka.
And what future do you see Noel having?

I am no different to any avid junior supporter. I enjoy watching the juniors play and i have done so for many years.
I not only watch but i follow there progress with school footy, Nsw origin, Aus - Nz school boys and talking to people around the club like Anthony Field, Joe Grimma, Parents and others around the club.

As for your question. I think this year will be a telling year for Tui. He struggles with fitness and this coming pre season will be a telling factor where he will end up. Tui is still the same size as he was when he was 15yo and has not grown at all. i hate to say it but i think he is to small to play on the wing and will struggling at center. Time will tell.

As for Noel Noel Aka suffered an ACL injury late in the year and is still in rehab and wont be back till late next year or the following year.! Normally a 12 moth recovery.

I do how ever rate Noel as a quality center with size, strength and great defence. He has prior to inuury lost a bit of speed.

In the next 2-3 years we will know allot about some of our juniors coming through and whether they can make the transition from juniors to seniors. Again time will tell. But the future does look bright if we can keep them.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

I'm surprised that Brown didn't get a look in over Dean Blore, didn't really involve himself in the match I thought although I believe he's a year older than Brown so that may be why he was selected over him?

Whatever reason our boys weren't picked it isn't the biggest problem in the world. As has been pointed out being selected in these teams doesn't guarantee a future first grader.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm surprised that Brown didn't get a look in over Dean Blore, didn't really involve himself in the match I thought although I believe he's a year older than Brown so that may be why he was selected over him?

Whatever reason our boys weren't picked it isn't the biggest problem in the world. As has been pointed out being selected in these teams doesn't guarantee a future first grader.

It isn't a problem at all. Just means at this age there are guys other view as better.
Heck Aaron Woods made the Aus team. I can think of 6 or 7 better forwards

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I am no different to any avid junior supporter. I enjoy watching the juniors play and i have done so for many years.
I not only watch but i follow there progress with school footy, Nsw origin, Aus - Nz school boys and talking to people around the club like Anthony Field, Joe Grimma, Parents and others around the club.

As for your question. I think this year will be a telling year for Tui. He struggles with fitness and this coming pre season will be a telling factor where he will end up. Tui is still the same size as he was when he was 15yo and has not grown at all. i hate to say it but i think he is to small to play on the wing and will struggling at center. Time will tell.

As for Noel Noel Aka suffered an ACL injury late in the year and is still in rehab and wont be back till late next year or the following year.! Normally a 12 moth recovery.

I do how ever rate Noel as a quality center with size, strength and great defence. He has prior to inuury lost a bit of speed.

In the next 2-3 years we will know allot about some of our juniors coming through and whether they can make the transition from juniors to seniors. Again time will tell. But the future does look bright if we can keep them.

Interesting Tui struggles for fitness, for a centre you don’t really need a huge fitness base like a middle forward. It’s probably the position that requires the least fitness.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Interesting Tui struggles for fitness, for a centre you don’t really need a huge fitness base like a middle forward. It’s probably the position that requires the least fitness.

That appears to be what's holding Tui back. For a sledgehammer centre he has good hands and a nice right foot step. If Salmon stays in the halves I think there's still a spot for him in first grade. It would've been good to see him play some ISP at the end of the year. Fingers crossed he puts in during the off-season so he starts the pre-season strongly and gets some ISP games to start the year.

Dean Blore is actually 2 yeras older then Brown

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Not one
There's probably 200 hundred players as good as the 34 that played in this game. They can't all get picked.

And our club probably made them all unavailable for selection so they'd be uninjured for pre-season. We want to avoid the debacle of last pre-season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Heck Aaron Woods made the Aus team. I can think of 6 or 7 better forwards
I can't, but I can think of 20 or so who are just as good. After the half dozen certainties are picked there's 11 spots and maybe 50 players good enough to fill them. How do they decide which ones get picked? Normally they go with incumbents unless the team has been losing. When bringing in a debutante they will pick someone whose club side wins all the time.

An example is Tim Mannah. Played Origin in 2010 because Parra were strong the year before, got picked again in 2011 because he was incumbent, and got the arse in 2012 because NSW were losing and Parra were shit. But Mannah is about as good as Aaron Woods, who has played over a dozen games for NSW and Australia.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That appears to be what's holding Tui back. For a sledgehammer centre he has good hands and a nice right foot step. If Salmon stays in the halves I think there's still a spot for him in first grade. It would've been good to see him play some ISP at the end of the year. Fingers crossed he puts in during the off-season so he starts the pre-season strongly and gets some ISP games to start the year.
I think cardio is also something of a natural ability that some blokes just struggle with, especially if they're trying to maintain size and strength. It's very hard to have both, which is why so many talented players fail to make it in the NRL.