What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Does anyone have info on Luke Sorensen? After a bit of looking around for info on new recruit Exodus Semau I found a training photo on social media with Luke Sorensen tagged in it. What I found is that he's a second-rower from the Ipswich Jets, was selected in their Mal Meninga squad last season.

hindy111

Post Whore
I assume Tui Aufalou has been signed up. Was rumours Titans had taken him but he is training with nrl squad.

Gronk

Staff member
Keep an eye out in the Flegg squad for young Harry Hanley from Group 3. Has a big motor and top attitude. Sure to impress.

Thanks for the heads up. He sounds like a good kid.

https://www.portnews.com.au/story/4760806/vikings-set-to-help-one-of-their-own/

r0_110_4500_2650_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

TWO months ago everything was put into perspective for Hastings Valley Vikings junior forward Harry Hanley (middle).

His family received the devastating news that his father, Phil, had been diagnosed with a stage four brain tumour and his days were numbered.

“It’s a rare type of cancer,” Hanley said.

“They can’t operate on it anymore because if they do they might kill him so at the moment it’s just about preventing the tumour from growing.”

If that wasn’t enough of a blindside for the family, they were told further bad news.

“He’s got two different tumours which effects his speech so he finds it hard to communicate and he walks with a bit of a limp and bumps into things and holds plates downwards.”

While the Hanleys were told Phil had just 14 months to live at the time, the 17-year-old said his dad was focused on proving everyone wrong.

“They can’t operate on it anymore because if they do they might kill him so at the moment it’s just about preventing the tumour from growing.”

“He was in good spirits about it and said he’d live way longer than that. He doesn’t seem sad at all, he just seems like his normal self at home.”

The number eight admitted it had been a tough time for the family, but they remained positive.

“When we got told he had months to live mum got us all together and we had a bit of a cry about it, but we just take it day by day and spend as much time with him as possible,” he said.

“We help him out and make the most of it as best we can.”

On Saturday, the Vikings and Port Pirates will clash on a day dominated by fundraisers.

The Vikings first grade side will wear specially designed jerseys for Homes for Heroes – a program focused on getting returned serviceman off the streets.

Money raised from the jerseys to be donated to that charity.

All other sales at the ground from food and beverages will be donated to the Hanley family with the club also organising a jumping castle for the day.

Children will be charged $5 for all-day use with the funds also to be donated to the Hanley family.

“Saturday will be a big help for the family because mum and dad have always wanted to renovate the house so I’m sure the money will go towards that,” Hanley said.

Did he go on the Armidale trip? From the photos it didn’t appear so.

No he didnt. Both Tui and GL were sent back to train with Flegg due to them both struggling with fitness. Both boys missed Armidale.
GL resumed training with NRL squad this week and is still struggling. Weird cause he is a top 30 player. Wonder what they will do with him.
Tui still training with Flegg

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
No he didnt. Both Tui and GL were sent back to train with Flegg due to them both struggling with fitness. Both boys missed Armidale.
GL resumed training with NRL squad this week and is still struggling. Weird cause he is a top 30 player. Wonder what they will do with him.
Tui still training with Flegg

Considering GL is full-time he really doesn’t have any excuses.

Delboy

First Grade
Considering GL is full-time he really doesn’t have any excuses.
At training today, GL struggled in the fitness drills. Finished way behind all the backs, and looked like the only forward he beat in the runs was Jnr who is 30kgs heavier.

In game play, GL was dominated by Ethan Parry as opposing wingers, to say he looks to be struggling is no overstatement.

Early days but the young players are showing out, Brown, Parry and Mahoney outstanding in the game played. Stefano and Oregan muscled up big time to the NRL players and not out of place, very encouraging

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Early days but the young players are showing out, Brown, Parry and Mahoney outstanding in the game played. Stefano and Oregan muscled up big time to the NRL players and not out of place, very encouraging

Everyone has their opinions of BA but I have been of the opinion that he was always planning on a generational change within the squad in the 2019/20 seasons.

Surely it’s more then a coincidence, that a substantial amount of players are off contract around the time that several promising juniors have been around the NRL squad for a year or 2 and with potentially a few games of NRL experience and most likely ready for a top 17 spot.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Everyone has their opinions of BA but I have been of the opinion that he was always planning on a generational change within the squad in the 2019/20 seasons.

Surely it’s more then a coincidence, that a substantial amount of players are off contract around the time that several promising juniors have been around the NRL squad for a year or 2 and with potentially a few games of NRL experience and most likely ready for a top 17 spot.
Honestly is your last name Arthur?? Just asking.

Encouraging news about the young blokes doing well, I think they are the only shining light for us in the next couple of years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

It’s telling that we only announced two re-signings (with a year to run) last pre-season, and so far this year we haven’t announced any. I suppose Terepo and Gennings were announced (albeit very late) as two year extensions.

At training today, GL struggled in the fitness drills. Finished way behind all the backs, and looked like the only forward he beat in the runs was Jnr who is 30kgs heavier.

In game play, GL was dominated by Ethan Parry as opposing wingers, to say he looks to be struggling is no overstatement.

I don't disagree with what you have said above. But a few things i seen. Brown needs to organize a little more, Lacks talk.
Mahoney for mine is being pushed big time bye Schneider. I'm not saying Mahoney is not going good,, What i am saying is Schneider service, Kicking game and talk is outstanding for a younger kid. Even surprised me.
Parry absolutely killed it with his strong carries.
Salmon 's push and support today was also great.
Stefano and Kaufusi were solid in the middle.

For a while i have been a massive fan and openly advocated some of these juniors coming through.
Even before a few on here knew who those kids were.
Stefano Utoikamanu
Filia Utoikamanu
Oregan Kaufusi
Dylan Brown
Kyle Schneider
Haze Dunster
Ethan Parry

Even the next crop of young ones coming through
Sam Hughes
David Hollis
Joshua Tuipolupo
Sean Russell
Trey Mooney
Caleb Tohi
Bailey Biondi-Odo

We just need to give them time to develop and our future could be very bright.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
For a while i have been a massive fan and openly advocated some of these juniors coming through.
Even before a few on here knew who those kids were.
Stefano Utoikamanu
Filia Utoikamanu
Oregan Kaufusi
Dylan Brown
Kyle Schneider
Haze Dunster
Ethan Parry

Even the next crop of young ones coming through
Sam Hughes
David Hollis
Joshua Tuipolupo
Sean Russell
Trey Mooney
Caleb Tohi
Bailey Biondi-Odo

We just need to give them time to develop and our future could be very bright.
Cheers for the updates mate, I always enjoy your posts please keep it up.