What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

ALX25

Bench
Panthers, bulldogs, Canberra, souths, roosters, North Sydney, CC roosters, Magpies, tigers and the dragons have named there summer squads....

Only have the notoriously slow/private Knights, Sea Eagles and Sharks. Storm & Warriors will release their sides shortly.

T-Boon

Coach
Only have the notoriously slow/private Knights, Sea Eagles and Sharks. Storm & Warriors will release their sides shortly.
Newcastle has 10 beach's within 2 minutes walk of us. The kids have other things to do besides summer squads like you dero Westies

Last edited:

chuurness

Juniors
Waiting on parra too... should be interesting... they lost a few boys that were apart of the 16s dev squads this year

Delboy

First Grade
I heard we are only naming a 25 person Matt's squad instead of the usual 40... interesting if true and I see plus and minus in this approach.
25 players means each player in the squad gets more opportunity, also means less overall players from the district get an opportunity.
Isn’t 25 the Final Cut down number, the 40 is usually the squad taken into pre season games then cut to 25 once the comp starts. That’s the way it was when my son and grandsons played reps and that’s recently too. Perhaps they want to build combinations as soon as practical.

emjaycee

Coach
Isn’t 25 the Final Cut down number, the 40 is usually the squad taken into pre season games then cut to 25 once the comp starts. That’s the way it was when my son and grandsons played reps and that’s recently too. Perhaps they want to build combinations as soon as practical.
Just what I heard last night mate from President of a local junior league.

emjaycee

Coach
I also heard that there is a lot wider focus being applied to more of our junior clubs from Parra Reps - apart from Rhino's, Bulls, Cabra and Wenty players are all getting a better look-in these days.

Delboy

First Grade
Fair enough, a lot of younger players prefer an earlier cut as that gives them more time to get opportunities at other teams . Norths and Manly have for some time recruited from players cut late , interesting as identification of rep players has taken a step up recently as seen by 2023 results.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I also heard that there is a lot wider focus being applied to more of our junior clubs from Parra Reps - apart from Rhino's, Bulls, Cabra and Wenty players are all getting a better look-in these days.

Any plans on when they're going to announce the squads? I see on Facebook they said the players have been contacted and confirmed their positions in the squad

chuurness

Juniors
Very risky to name just the bare 25 so early. Assume (Rokosuka, Vaivela, Ong, Fletcher, Faataga Seve, Vella & Pakoti) from the '23 HM squad will be back?
They'll name a summer squad... around 40... and do the chop to 25.. that's what I heard. Those players u named plus a few others... I wouldn't be surprised if they take out the matts comp next year. There's also big wraps on ryda talagi, a hard working prop from cabra.. I also heard they brought down a young half from Queensland.. not sure on his name tho...

chuurness

Juniors
They'll name a summer squad... around 40... and do the chop to 25.. that's what I heard. Those players u named plus a few others... I wouldn't be surprised if they take out the matts comp next year. There's also big wraps on ryda talagi, a hard working prop from cabra.. I also heard they brought down a young half from Queensland.. not sure on his name tho...
.... the spine is a big question tho.. whether young fletcher plays fullback or in the halves... also the hooker spot is up for grabs...the forward pack are monsters... I can't wait for the season to start

chuurness

Juniors
Lost to who?
Young metcalfe... the roosters snapped him up... Bloomfield.. rugby are chasing hard...

I think the problem is because parra are on of the last to trial... it gives the other teams more time to pinch our boys... and guaranteed a spot in there matts teams.. our boys would go elsewhere...
Just my opinion tho

Latest posts