What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2016/05/17/r11_nyc_team_list.html?camefrom=EMCL_1102018_42341292

The Dyldam Parramatta Eels Holden Cup side to take on the Melbourne Storm at McCredie Park, Guildford on Sunday 22 May has been named by Head Coach Luke Burt.

Burt has retained the same side that came away with a 28-22 victory over the South Sydney Rabbitohs last week.

Kick off from McCredie Park is at 1pm.

Dyldam Parramatta Eels Holden Cup side

1. Bevan French

2. James Gammidge

3. Mason Cerruto

4. Dane Aukafolau

5. Jermaine Mati-Leifi

6. Dean Matterson

7. Michael Doolan

8. Alex Twal

9. Denzal Tonise (c)

10. Tom Amone

11. Jack Morris

12. Tyrell Fuimaono

13. Craig Field

Interchange:

14. Matt Price

15. Tom Field

16. Kurt De Luis

17. Jamie Stowers
This side didn't amount to much and the only genuine first grader so far is Twal. Then there's a couple of fringe first graders in French and Fuimaono, plus Amone has played some first grade as a backup.

De Luis is quite deceptive and has a bit of aggression, but lacked the size for first grade.

T.S Quint

Coach
Didn’t that Aukafolau bloke have some big wraps on him?
Was expected to make FG at some stage wasn’t he?

TheRam

Coach
Something is definitely still wrong with out junior development systems. Just comparing the Panthers to ours and since Gould(piss off Gould haters, he is way ahead of you imbiciles, it at funny) put a broom through them and restructured everything from the ground up, they have been producing a very consistant and steady stream of NRL standard players.

We on the other hand seem to talk them up big time but then when it comes to NRL time, virtually nothing materialises. I hope that it is just a matter of being a little more patient and in one or two more seasons we will start to see some fruit bearing dividends.

T-Boon

Coach
I think some of our juniors will be involved in the game today streamed by the daily telegraph Patrician Brothers Blacktown v St Dominics (I think these are the teams) and I assume a few of the PBB players will be Eels juniors.

T-Boon

Coach
Just looked at the teams and Jacob Arthur is still in school and listed as the 7. The other name I recognise is Sam Louizou - he is one of our up and comers.
It kicks off at 12.30.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

“Jakob Arthur, he’s the son of Brad . He is a halfback and he is good. He played NSW Catholic Schoolboys last year and is with Parra,” Beacroft said.

“Samuel Loizou, played schoolboys as a 16-year-old, he’s a centre signed with Parra.

T-Boon

Coach
Sean Russell is another one that looks competent. Apparently already played some time in first grade during one of our trials.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

“Jakob Arthur, he’s the son of Brad . He is a halfback and he is good. He played NSW Catholic Schoolboys last year and is with Parra,” Beacroft said.

“Samuel Loizou, played schoolboys as a 16-year-old, he’s a centre signed with Parra.

Parra boys in the St Pats Blacktown team: Sean Russell, Bailey Nouredine, David Langi, Blake Martin, Uinitoni Mataele (off to Newcastle), Jontay-Junior Betham-Misa, and Ethan Sanders

T-Boon

Coach
One thing I find interesting about watching the elite juniors level (as this game was I guess) is that there is almost no gang tackling and wrestle - it is all two man tackles. Its weird that what is arguably the most important part of the game at the NRL level is not a part of the game at all at the junior level. I think we need to somehow outlaw gang tackling at the NRL level. It is the source of all evil.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon Gronk's got an internship lined up for him. He'll pay him $15k to sexually harass the other employees for six months before wrapping the office A-Class around a telegraph pole in Doonside.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
One thing I find interesting about watching the elite juniors level (as this game was I guess) is that there is almost no gang tackling and wrestle - it is all two man tackles. Its weird that what is arguably the most important part of the game at the NRL level is not a part of the game at all at the junior level. I think we need to somehow outlaw gang tackling at the NRL level. It is the source of all evil.

I assume as NRL players train full time and juniors don’t, there isn’t really the opportunity/time to teach NRL level wrestling at the junior level

T-Boon

Coach
I assume as NRL players train full time and juniors don’t, there isn’t really the opportunity/time to teach NRL level wrestling at the junior level

I agree and also I suspect they know if they spent time trying to teach this stuff at training then the kids would probably go play another sport because it is a deplorable and stupid aspect of the professional game that nobody would have any interest in unless they were getting paid a lot to do it.
It is a totally shameful part of the sport and I still have never heard an NRL coach use the term wrestling or otherwise talk about it. That is a pretty good sign of the shame of it.

Stormy36

Juniors
I agree and also I suspect they know if they spent time trying to teach this stuff at training then the kids would probably go play another sport because it is a deplorable and stupid aspect of the professional game that nobody would have any interest in unless they were getting paid a lot to do it.
It is a totally shameful part of the sport and I still have never heard an NRL coach use the term wrestling or otherwise talk about it. That is a pretty good sign of the shame of it.
It's definitely coached in Jnr footy just not to the extent of NRL level. Some kids do it well and some will never learn. If you want to play NRL you need to know how to wrestle unfortunately because I agree it shouldn't be a part of the game

Latest posts