What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels launch bid to poach Matt Scott from the North Queensland Cowboys

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
2. Prop forwards seem to 'hunt in a pack'. That is, it seems that clubs who HAVE good props DEVELOP good props. And clubs who don't have props don't tend to bring any through the ranks. The only way to break the cycle (over the past 10-15 years anyway) seems to be to overpay to bring in a highly touted prop, and then the 'prop culture' seems to develop at a club.
I've no idea if that is factual or not, but it certainly SEEMS to be the way it happens (to me at least!).

We're still struggling to replace Daniel Mortimer, and I doubt we'll ever replace Luke Burt.

Players like Burt and Morts only come along once in a generation.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Totally agree with Natheel.

Plus, I'm pretty sure you can by rum in Parramatta. Not too sure about the country music, but I guess we could tell the first grade squad that line dancing is a coordination exercise ...

That is exactly the sort of "outside the box" thinking that may well see us land him...

lingard

Coach
Who was the last decent consistent hooker in our team? You almost have to go back to the days of Steve Edge. We've all been bleating for nearly 30 years how Sterling was our last great halfback but the hooker position has been almost as much a poisoned chalice

Billy Rayner

Cowboys woo

Juniors
From a Cowboys fans perspective, I thought Tamou was a MUCH higher chance of leaving then Scott, and if the rumours are true that Tamou took less money to stay with us, the I expect we will keep Scott comfortably.

Considering Johnson is likely to either a) retire or b) receive a pay cut (as he's on 350k a yr) that will also help our cause.

I just can't see Scott playing for anyone else and if we offer anything half decent to him, like we did to Tamou, then he will stay. He's a North Queenslander through and through

Also on a lighter note you'd expect Parra to give up trying to take our players. JT a while back, tamou last year and now Matt Scott. And all you got to Show for it is taking our duds Webb and Manuokafoa...

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
From a Cowboys fans perspective, I thought Tamou was a MUCH higher chance of leaving then Scott, and if the rumours are true that Tamou took less money to stay with us, the I expect we will keep Scott comfortably.

Considering Johnson is likely to either a) retire or b) receive a pay cut (as he's on 350k a yr) that will also help our cause.

I just can't see Scott playing for anyone else and if we offer anything half decent to him, like we did to Tamou, then he will stay. He's a North Queenslander through and through

Also on a lighter note you'd expect Parra to give up trying to take our players. JT a while back, tamou last year and now Matt Scott. And all you got to Show for it is taking our duds Webb and Manuokafoa...

We got Willie Tonga.

Cowboys woo

Juniors
He's going great Isnt he haha. He must of sold himself well on the negotiating table, as he was extremely average in 2011 and 2012 even with JT and Bowen, and still got a pretty big deal from Parra.

Anyway if yous end up getting Scott Id think there would need to be significant overs paid, and I don't think Parra can afford to do that with all the current overpaid players in the squad.

strider

Post Whore
He's going great Isnt he haha. He must of sold himself well on the negotiating table, as he was extremely average in 2011 and 2012 even with JT and Bowen, and still got a pretty big deal from Parra.

Anyway if yous end up getting Scott Id think there would need to be significant overs paid, and I don't think Parra can afford to do that with all the current overpaid players in the squad.

:roll: tell us about it .... all these backended deals

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Your original point was that we only had two duds from the Cowboys. You were way off the mark - we've had three ;-)

Actually, I think you are being a bit harsh on Tonga - he was good enough to be playing for QLD and Australia in his last couple of years at the cows. Injuries got the better of him last year but when fully fit I still think he has a fair bit to offer.

Also, you do realise that Tonga wasnt at the Cowboys in 2012 dont you? Have you been drinking that horrible Townsville Brewery beer again? Apart from being able to remove paint it has been known to cause memory loss.

Last edited:

we are trying to take everyone's players folau, bird, carney, lewis, jennings, etc etc etc etc etc :crazy:

after the folau saga im over it wake me up if we actually sign anyone until then.. :sleeper:

natheel

Coach
Tbh cowboys have a lesser chance to resign Scott (if he goes for the money)

Thurston will command a massive offer to stay (he's your priority) and Scott may not want to wait as I think any JT contract will take a while to negotiate