What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels prop Justin Poore completes shock switch to English Super League side

StEely Matt

Juniors
Couldn't find this on the forum, so if I am mistaken, feel free to move/delete.

Parramatta Eels prop Justin Poore completes shock switch to English Super League side Wakefield

Australian prop Justin Poore completed a shock move from Parramatta Eels to Super League club Wakefield on Friday.
Former New South Wales forward Poore agreed a two-year contract with Wakefield and will link up with his new team in time for the start of the 2013 season.
The 27-year-old Eels player made 178 appearances in the NRL, initially with St George Illawarra, and appeared in all three games of the 2009 Origin series for the Blues.
"This is a major signing for us and shows our fans that we are in the market for some top-quality players," Wakefield chief executive James Elston said.
"Justin is still only 27 and there was an NRL club after his services but he has chosen to come to Wakefield.
"We have made no secret that we have been after a big man to lead the pack and Justin certainly is that."
Poore, whose father was born in England, admitted he was keen to move to Super League for a fresh challenge after nearly a decade in Australian rugby league.
"I've had almost 10 years in the NRL and I wanted a different challenge,'"Poore said.
"I've always wanted to experience playing in England and Wakefield really appealed to me because it is a very family-orientated club.
"I probably didn't think I'd be coming over at this stage in my career, but when the opportunity came around I jumped at it because it's a short career and you never know when it might come around again."

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ld/story-e6frf3ou-1226499731557#ixzz29oxNx3tO

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Huge shock

The shock should be that he actually got a contract somewhere.

We were like the Roosters when they signed Mark O'Meley. O'Meley didn't tell them he was riddled with injury and took them for all he could. Poore did the same with us.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Wow. I'm shocked.

Can't believe Poore didn't take up the offers he didn't receive from any NRL club to stay in Aus....
I suppose he was expecting similar coin to what he'd filched from us? Only way to get that is as the big white hero over in the SL. Apparently telling them that he's a former SoO player did the trick - congrats to his agent...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Agree with oldmancraigy. He will go down as one of the worst buys of the decade.

Played 1 1/2 good seasons for Saints out of 6 and hasn't presented anything resembling good form since he signed with Parra in mid 09.

SL is much more his pace.

forward pass

Coach
Poore was always a pure head-down bum-up hit-up man. Never had an offload at Saints and did a simple job well.

When he wasn't injured, he did EXACTLY the same thing for us. I could never understand the criticism. Did people on here think he was a tryscoring and skillfull prop with a great step or something????

He took what the club was willing to pay - who the hell wouldn't.

Kornstar

Coach
Poore was always a pure head-down bum-up hit-up man. Never had an offload at Saints and did a simple job well.

When he wasn't injured, he did EXACTLY the same thing for us. I could never understand the criticism. Did people on here think he was a tryscoring and skillfull prop with a great step or something????

He took what the club was willing to pay - who the hell wouldn't.

Agreed

EelsFan05

Bench
Couldn't have said it better. Could give away the most in opportune penalty though, but I think that was more from trying to add some aggression to a soft pack.

born an eel

Bench
All our front rowers went backwards over the last 2 years, so besides the injuries he was up against it anyway.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, people looking for scapegoats for poor results other than the coach at the time will say the darnedest things about players sometime. Good luck to Justin, not worth the money we paid for him (a long injury mid-contract will do that) but did the prop job when fit, with his Rwanda involvements sounds like a very decent man.

Latest posts