What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels sign Josh Papalii for 2014

According to a Canberra times article today. Applications wants to stay at the Raiders. Firmer said they will give him an upgrade on this year as well close to signing till to 2016. Menninga had a word with Papli to try and keep him at the Raiders.

So it looks like we've been rejected by another player. It would've been nice to jag him but good on him for showing loyalty.

forward pass

Coach
According to a Canberra times article today. Applications wants to stay at the Raiders. Firmer said they will give him an upgrade on this year as well close to signing till to 2016. Menninga had a word with Papli to try and keep him at the Raiders.

So it looks like we've been rejected by another player. It would've been nice to jag him but good on him for showing loyalty.

:?

Far Canal

Juniors
Paint me a cynic but I can't see what the fuss over this player is. I am actually not that impressed with him - the amount of $$ being thrown at him is disapprotionate to his value (yes I know we are desperate to snag players)....

Gronk

Staff member
Paint me a cynic but I can't see what the fuss over this player is. I am actually not that impressed with him - the amount of $$ being thrown at him is disapprotionate to his value (yes I know we are desperate to snag players)....

Some clubs have the ability to sign decent rep players who are in their prime. We have to sign young kids with potential on overs now.

#lifeaswoodenspooners

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Some clubs have the ability to sign decent rep players who are in their prime. We have to sign young kids with potential on overs now.

#lifeaswoodenspooners

Paying overs depends on how he performs after we sign him - he could just become an average nrl player, then yes we have paid overs. But if he really kicks on, plays consistent footy, becomes a rep player, then we have not paid overs.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

#lifeaswoodenspooners

Paying overs depends on how he performs after we sign him - he could just become an average nrl player, then yes we have paid overs. But if he really kicks on, plays consistent footy, becomes a rep player, then we may have not paid overs.

Also if we get the first decent signing other players should be more willing to sign with us. Say we sign josh and with hopoate coming next year we start to look like an attractive option

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Our drama is that we have a host of players on 250k plus, a few of which are in the forward pack...this doesnt help us when they're either injured or not performing.

What ever happens it'll be a good signing for us or you guys

Our drama is that we have a host of players who are getting paid $1 plus, a few of which are in the forward pack...this doesnt help us when they're either not performing or not performing.

Hunted

Juniors
Getting Papali would be a great boost to us but it is a massive gamble.
He is still young.
Too many potential issues for that much money.
What if he gets injured?
What if he turns out to be average and does not progress?
What if he goes really well but then cant handle the fame?
I think its too much money.
On the other hand if he is brilliant we have another wreking ball up front.
Withour halves gelling together we will struggle no matter what.

spiderdan

Bench
Getting Papali would be a great boost to us but it is a massive gamble.
He is still young.
Too many potential issues for that much money.
What if he gets injured?
What if he turns out to be average and does not progress?
What if he goes really well but then cant handle the fame?
I think its too much money.
On the other hand if he is brilliant we have another wreking ball up front.
Withour halves gelling together we will struggle no matter what.
so you've basically just listed risks associated with every single competitor in almost every sport.