What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels sign Josh Papalii for 2014

DeanPay98

Juniors
It looks like they're putting a fair bit of pressure on him. We'll have to pay overs to get him in that case. If so, I hope the coaching staff are sure as they can be that he's worth it.

Avenger

Immortal
It looks like they're putting a fair bit of pressure on him. We'll have to pay overs to get him in that case. If so, I hope the coaching staff are sure as they can be that he's worth it.

The salary cap is rising. Not fussed about paying 'overs' in todays dollars especially when you consider what the overhyped TRex is on.

Avenger

Immortal
According to Weidler he has put pen to paper and signed with us.

Last edited:
I expect you would have paid 500k for Papalii. I cannot imagine him being lured elsewhere, let alone Parramatta, if the coin was similar to that of the Raiders. We would've offered him 350k-400k IMO. Eels clearly would've had to easily trump that offer to get him to join your club. Papalii has said many times how much he loves Canberra, loves the team, has his family here, so to hear this news is a huge surprise thus indicating money was clearly the only factor in this decision.

Hope we ship him off to Mounties for the upcoming season. May as well prepare for upcoming seasons, when we know we won't have him.

cv8z

Juniors
I expect you would have paid 500k for Papalii. I cannot imagine him being lured elsewhere, let alone Parramatta, if the coin was similar to that of the Raiders. We would've offered him 350k-400k IMO. Eels clearly would've had to easily trump that offer to get him to join your club. Papalii has said many times how much he loves Canberra, loves the team, has his family here, so to hear this news is a huge surprise thus indicating money was clearly the only factor in this decision.

Hope we ship him off to Mounties for the upcoming season. May as well prepare for upcoming seasons, when we know we won't have him.

better still release him now

Sensai Cobra

Juniors

Feel better now?

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade

Nothing is official yet mate, just wait and see. The idea of sending him to Mounties if he has signed with us is just as dumb as some people on here calling for John Folau's sacking because of Israel rejecting us.

emjaycee

Coach
If this is true (if) then our pack is looking ok in 2014...
We need a new hooker and trust that one of the young second rowers we have this year will develop well in 2013.

Mannah
(new hooker)
Lussick
Papoli
Edwards, Ryan. Loko, someone else we have now
Reni

Not a bad starting pack considering 2012 results.

Add that to a backline containing Hayne, Sandow and Hoppa and possibly Norman and 5 year plans start to look possible.

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
That Tom Gavel guy just posted on twitter

@TimGavel: Papali may have signed a letter of intent with Parramatta for 2014 two weeks ago but Raiders have until round 13 this season to counter sign