What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

forward pass

Coach
The general problem with our train service is that it was all designed around getting people to and from the city. All the main lines head there.

We are slowly moving away from that thinking with our light rail and the metro to a lesser extent. The metro from WSA to St Mary’s is an example of moving people around in non CBD areas. Our planned Public transport infrastructure is awesome.

emjaycee

Coach
The general problem with our train service is that it was all designed around getting people to and from the city. All the main lines head there.

We are slowly moving away from that thinking with our light rail and the metro to a lesser extent. The metro from WSA to St Mary’s is an example of moving people around in non CBD areas. Our planned Public transport infrastructure is awesome.
And at the time it was designed that way, the majority of people commuted from the suburbs to the CBD so it made sense.

Obviously now with the increasing development and usage of places like Parramatta, Chatswood, Macquarie Park, Norwest Olympic Park, etc as major commercial hubs, there needs to be a revisit of our transport system and that is what we are seeing now.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
that articles seems heavily bias to me, they are not attractive, but neither are high rises

aren't they trying to make housing more affordable ?

the phantom menace

First Grade
Well yes, including to investors no doubt. But the affordable housing discussion - particularly with reference to Sydney - is much broader than what the developers have chosen to do at places like the Ponds.

With NSW laws, affordable housing seems stuck at trying to wrangle a percentage of units in a development to be offered at "affordable" prices, as part of the planning approval process. Affordable housing in that context is more in the $500,000 price range - I seriously don't think anyone is suggesting The Ponds offers "affordable" housing at those $900K+ prices.

Gronk

Staff member
I hear people all the time talk about the 200sqm blocks with no back yard in these new subdivisions.

Meanwhile people in my hood queue up to pay $5m for terraces in paddo.

So the only thing I do agree with is the trees. The greening of these new suburbs. Where is the urban greenscape design requirements ?

1713821140984.jpeg

bazza

Immortal
Well yes, including to investors no doubt. But the affordable housing discussion - particularly with reference to Sydney - is much broader than what the developers have chosen to do at places like the Ponds.

With NSW laws, affordable housing seems stuck at trying to wrangle a percentage of units in a development to be offered at "affordable" prices, as part of the planning approval process. Affordable housing in that context is more in the $500,000 price range - I seriously don't think anyone is suggesting The Ponds offers "affordable" housing at those $900K+ prices.
I like when they have big developments with 10% "affordable" housing - which means that 90% will be unaffordable