What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gronk

Staff member

Sydney Roosters football centre of excellence gets green light​

The Roosters will have access to hydrotherapy pools, lecture theatres, a swanky players’ lounge and even a wrestling room as part of their stunning new centre of excellence.

A new world-class training hub for the Sydney Roosters has been approved.
The facilities, which will be part of the new Sydney Football Stadium, will include an exclusive players’ lounge and hydrotherapy rooms.

The $10.6m Sydney Roosters Centre of Excellence has been approved by the NSW Government.

The club is yet to provide any interior shots of the facilities.

However, it will include across its 2,200 sqm a gym and wrestle area, club dining facilities, a players’ lounge, a lecture theatre, hydrotherapy and medical treatment rooms.

The base will be at the eastern mezzanine of the stadium.

1634275137626.png

Gazzamatta

Coach
Having all your training facilities based at your home ground would appear to be the ultimate and all of it state of the art. A huge bonus for Nicks Chook. Im looking forward to checking out the view once open. I wonder if they will have to share the facilities? Probably not I suppose.

Gronk

Staff member
The Minister’s Office has deemed the new River Fleet of ferries good to go.

First River Class ferry now in service​

13 October 2021
The first of ten new River Class vessels, named after well-known NSW author Ruby Langford Ginibi, is now in passenger service after it was given the green light to operate during the day.
Minister for Transport and Roads Rob Stokes said the new River Class ferries were designed for conditions along the Parramatta River, but will also serve customers right across the ferry network.
“The new ferries have already completed many hours of successful day time operation during water trials and have passed the strictest of safety standards to get to this point, and it is great to now have the first vessel in service,” Mr Stokes said.
“Birdon employed 54 people working on the project locally at Port Macquarie, with Australian suppliers benefiting from 70 per cent of the total program of work. All of the design work was also undertaken right here in Australia.
“Customers are already benefiting from the new ferries’ floor to ceiling windows, level boarding access, audible and visual announcements, hearing loops, priority seating for the elderly and mobility impaired customers, and wheelchair facilities.”
Until the new River Class ferries are available for night time operations, existing fleet will continue to be used to ensure continuity of services for customers.
Over the coming weeks and months, the rest of the fleet will progressively roll out for daytime operations, while work is undertaken to reduce the glare in the wheelhouse at night.
The remaining nine ferries are named after some of the state’s other leading authors, artists and athletes.

However the Minister glossed over the problems they have faced with the Indonesian built fleet.

Sydney news: River Class ferries hit with another defect which means captains can't see out cockpit​

1634416173706.jpeg
The State Opposition has labelled Sydney's new River Class ferries an "embarrassment" after it was revealed the design of the cockpit glass means ferry masters cannot see out at night.

Deputy Leader Yasmin Catley says the shape and angle of the windows and the quality of the glass reflects all other lights onto the glass.

This creates a glare that makes it virtually impossible for drivers to safely see when the sun goes down.

A spokesperson for Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW) says final work is continuing to reduce the glare caused by lights during night operations, and improvements like this are a normal part of the commissioning process.

"The vast majority of improvements are now complete and we’re expecting the vessels to go into passenger service within the coming months," the spokesperson said.

The Indonesian-built boats have been plagued by issues and last year it was revealed ten of the new ferries won't be able to pass under bridges on the Parramatta River with people sitting on the top deck.

Three of the new ferries were also found to contain asbestos.

TheRam

Coach
The Minister’s Office has deemed the new River Fleet of ferries good to go.

First River Class ferry now in service​

13 October 2021
The first of ten new River Class vessels, named after well-known NSW author Ruby Langford Ginibi, is now in passenger service after it was given the green light to operate during the day.
Minister for Transport and Roads Rob Stokes said the new River Class ferries were designed for conditions along the Parramatta River, but will also serve customers right across the ferry network.
“The new ferries have already completed many hours of successful day time operation during water trials and have passed the strictest of safety standards to get to this point, and it is great to now have the first vessel in service,” Mr Stokes said.
“Birdon employed 54 people working on the project locally at Port Macquarie, with Australian suppliers benefiting from 70 per cent of the total program of work. All of the design work was also undertaken right here in Australia.
“Customers are already benefiting from the new ferries’ floor to ceiling windows, level boarding access, audible and visual announcements, hearing loops, priority seating for the elderly and mobility impaired customers, and wheelchair facilities.”
Until the new River Class ferries are available for night time operations, existing fleet will continue to be used to ensure continuity of services for customers.
Over the coming weeks and months, the rest of the fleet will progressively roll out for daytime operations, while work is undertaken to reduce the glare in the wheelhouse at night.
The remaining nine ferries are named after some of the state’s other leading authors, artists and athletes.

However the Minister glossed over the problems they have faced with the Indonesian built fleet.

Sydney news: River Class ferries hit with another defect which means captains can't see out cockpit​

View attachment 55185
The State Opposition has labelled Sydney's new River Class ferries an "embarrassment" after it was revealed the design of the cockpit glass means ferry masters cannot see out at night.

Deputy Leader Yasmin Catley says the shape and angle of the windows and the quality of the glass reflects all other lights onto the glass.

This creates a glare that makes it virtually impossible for drivers to safely see when the sun goes down.

A spokesperson for Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW) says final work is continuing to reduce the glare caused by lights during night operations, and improvements like this are a normal part of the commissioning process.

"The vast majority of improvements are now complete and we’re expecting the vessels to go into passenger service within the coming months," the spokesperson said.

The Indonesian-built boats have been plagued by issues and last year it was revealed ten of the new ferries won't be able to pass under bridges on the Parramatta River with people sitting on the top deck.

Three of the new ferries were also found to contain asbestos.

We're are just so f**ked at getting stuff done properly so bleeding often it ain't funny. What a joke.

Gronk

Staff member
We're are just so f**ked at getting stuff done properly so bleeding often it ain't funny. What a joke.
We seriously should have law against OS manufacturing rail stock, ferries etc in this country.

Notwithstanding build locations, how can you design a craft that barely fits under overpasses (can’t if you have punters on the upper deck), contains asbestos and can’t be run at night because of the glare in the bridge.

TheRam

Coach
We seriously should have law against OS manufacturing rail stock, ferries etc in this country.

Notwithstanding build locations, how can you design a craft that barely fits under overpasses (can’t if you have punters on the upper deck), contains asbestos and can’t be run at night because of the glare in the bridge.

Not wrong mate. We are constantly being rissoled by both parties and there is very little accountability.

I believe our manufacturing sector is down to just under 6% of GDP now, ever since we bought into this globalist privatisation and no tariffs, deregulation model. The lowest in the OECD bar Luxembourg who are at 4%. How the hell are first world countries ever going to compete against slave labour?

Suitman

Post Whore
From this shit hole.......

1634808341479.png

To this.........

Parramatta is truly coming along nicely.

I've gotta say though that the Parramatta in the B + W photo was the Parra I grew up with and fell in love with.
Then, it just fell to shit and nothing happened for decades.
This current rejuvenation is quite stunning and is reinventing the city.

Check this out.....

And this, which is almost complete as well - a great new riverside destination with more food and shopping options....

These two are also continuing to rise and both of these towers will be taller than the Meriton tower in the background.

Parramatta is killing it!!

Last edited:

The ACA did a piece on apartments being built that are dodgy.

Watching Friendly Jordies, an industry insider said
"I would have to think long and hard about moving into a place that was made between 20-10 years ago, but there is no way I would move into something less than 10 years old"

Which is why I would be skeptical about moving into the new buildings. (yes I am looking to buy a place in Parramatta in the next 3 months)

Gronk

Staff member
The ACA did a piece on apartments being built that are dodgy.

Watching Friendly Jordies, an industry insider said
"I would have to think long and hard about moving into a place that was made between 20-10 years ago, but there is no way I would move into something less than 10 years old"

Which is why I would be skeptical about moving into the new buildings. (yes I am looking to buy a place in Parramatta in the next 3 months)
I agree that you should approach new buildings with trepidation. You really need them to be at least a few years old, so as to give the strata committee time to employ their own consultants to determine the extent of defects. Once these defects are served upon the developer, it will take time to determine if the developer will take a responsible attitude towards the defects or play ducks and drakes. One developer whose name shall remain nameless, tends to go down the frustrate and litigate route with all his buildings and the first thing that the strata need to do is raise $100's of thousands to pay for top legal representation. Then it gets drawn out for years.

Luckily, Fair Trading have sharper teeth of late and they can take action against dodgy builders before the Occupation Certificate is issued.

Gareth67

First Grade
From this shit hole.......

View attachment 55318

To this.........

Parramatta is truly coming along nicely.

I've gotta say though that the Parramatta in the B + W photo was the Parra I grew up with and fell in love with.
Then, it just fell to shit and nothing happened for decades.
This current rejuvenation is quite stunning and is reinventing the city.

Check this out.....

And this, which is almost complete as well - a great new riverside destination with more food and shopping options....

These two are also continuing to rise and both of these towers will be taller than the Meriton tower in the background.

Use to walk those very same streets back in the late 50’s and 60’ when I was a kid . Parramatta was the place that mum would take us 6 kiddies if there were clothes to be bought and bills to be paid .

The tallest building back then was the White Horse hotel ( which my old man promised to take me to when I had whiskers growing on my face , but not at 8 )

Recall standing outside Murray Brothers on the cnr. of Macquarie and Church streets when somebody told me that President Kennedy had just been assassinated .

Of course me and my mates would often go to Cumberland Oval to watch the likes of Ronnie Lynch , the Thornett brothers and big bad Bob O’Reily go round the park .

But thank goodness I was turned away from the dark side and followed the mighty Dragons from the mid 60’ to now. Oh how I wish those days were back . ☺️

Suitman

Post Whore
So pretty 😍

I've always wondered why we can't mow the pitch like that for RL games.
The English SL do it and it looks amazing.
Anyway, I'm heading out there tomorrow night for the Matildas match.
Looking forward to checking out the newly opened parts of Eat st, the Light Rail and other developments.
I'll try and take some pics.

Latest posts