What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
Salesforce Tower (263 metres) is looking good at Circular Quay.
Pity that there is a 197 metre tower currently under construction in front of it that will hide most of it.

1660376626740.png

the phantom menace

First Grade
I went to the Darling Harbour side of town on Friday night, for the first time in 3 (maybe 5) years... there's a lot of cool buildings and restaurants and stuff there now.

Seeing a show at that replacement for the Entertainment Centre (not sure of it's sponsored name) and the only building I recognised in the area was the Pump House Tavern... Which no longer looks an inviting option compared to the Food Hall choices in The Exchange building, and the laneway restaurants and bars in and around the CBA building.

No pics, but was pleasantly surprised - thought I was in a diffierent/overseas city, compared to how it was in that part of town last time I verntured in there.

Suitman

Post Whore
I went to the Darling Harbour side of town on Friday night, for the first time in 3 (maybe 5) years... there's a lot of cool buildings and restaurants and stuff there now.

Seeing a show at that replacement for the Entertainment Centre (not sure of it's sponsored name) and the only building I recognised in the area was the Pump House Tavern... Which no longer looks an inviting option compared to the Food Hall choices in The Exchange building, and the laneway restaurants and bars in and around the CBA building.

No pics, but was pleasantly surprised - thought I was in a diffierent/overseas city, compared to how it was in that part of town last time I verntured in there.

It's a fantastic part of town now! So lively and with great food options and restaurants.
I'm curious to know which theatre/venue you are talking about.
Where was it exactly?

the phantom menace

First Grade
We were going in for a concert at the big 9,000 seater venue that basically replaced the Entertainment Centre - not the ICC, but the Super Theatre (I think?) next door.

Got out of the lift from the parking station under the flyovers, and then stepped into a busy laneway full of little bars and restaurants... had to do a lap or two of the area on foot before we found our bearings and realised where we were! It's changed so much, and stacks of people out and about there on a Friday night.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I'm not sure whether the area I'm talking about is where the old IMAX used to be, or just south of there? But it's much much better than whatever was there before - and I think that circular Exchange building (above the Mess Hall/Food Court - where we had Japanese burgers!) also houses a library, and some residential on upper levels?

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm not sure whether the area I'm talking about is where the old IMAX used to be, or just south of there? But it's much much better than whatever was there before - and I think that circular Exchange building (above the Mess Hall/Food Court - where we had Japanese burgers!) also houses a library, and some residential on upper levels?
The Convention Centre?

1660447928332.png

Suitman

Post Whore

And this is the new building housing a City of Sydney public library, child care centre and plenty of restaurants.1660448605642.png

Gronk

Staff member
This is being built where the old IMAX used to be.
5 star W Hotel - with a new IMAX!!

View attachment 64899

View attachment 64901
The W Hotel / Imax has had two builders go bust on them so far. The site has been idle for some months now.

Multiplex have been signed on in the last week or three and they will take it through to handover.

Latest posts