What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
Only to grow longer when the yellow bits from Iron Cove Bridge south to White Bay opens ?

View attachment 69685

Fair question, but probably no.
The Rozelle interchange is pretty much bang in the middle of WestConnex so doesn't really add any cumalative length to the new start/finish point's of the M4-M8 length of the M4-M8 tunnel. It is more just another off/on ramp. (And an impressive one at that!!!) Even with the extension to Rozelle Bridge on Victoria Rd. That spaghetti junction still amazes me and will also be the largest underground interchange in the world when complete.

What might make a difference is when the Western Harbour Tunnel (under construction), the M6 extension to Kogarah (under construction) and the Northern Beaches Link (currently on hold by both parties) are finally built.
I'm not sure of the total length of a tunnel from Seaforth to Kogarah would be?
Once the M6 to Kogarah is complete, it would be foolhardy by either party to not extend it to the current M6 at Helensburgh, (funds permitting) as soon as possible and fill that missing link.
I'm guessing that Seaforth to Helensburgh would then be longer than this current world's longest tunnel. Would it be 30 km's plus? One would have to think so although I'm not sure tbh.

The only missing link in the Sydney Motorway system would then be the westbound M2 - NorthConnex connection, and east bound North Connex - M2 where now you have to exit at Pennant Hills Rd traffic lights and then immediately enter the NTH Connex tunnel northbound or M2 southbound. Clearly, an original cost cutting measure not to do these. The amount of traffic that now has to do this stupid interchange via a set of traffic lights is insane at times. Thankfully, the stub tunnels have already been built in anticipation so it really shouldn't cost much to link these up underground in the future.

Anyway, enjoy this fly-through of the new M4-M8 LINK. An amazing bit of infrastructure.

Gronk

Staff member
Fair question, but probably no.
The Rozelle interchange is pretty much bang in the middle of WestConnex so doesn't really add any cumalative length to the new start/finish point's of the M4-M8 length of the M4-M8 tunnel. It is more just another off/on ramp. (And an impressive one at that!!!) Even with the extension to Rozelle Bridge on Victoria Rd. That spaghetti junction still amazes me and will also be the largest underground interchange in the world when complete.

What might make a difference is when the Western Harbour Tunnel (under construction), the M6 extension to Kogarah (under construction) and the Northern Beaches Link (currently on hold by both parties) are finally built.
I'm not sure of the total length of a tunnel from Seaforth to Kogarah would be?
Once the M6 to Kogarah is complete, it would be foolhardy by either party to not extend it to the current M6 at Helensburgh, (funds permitting) as soon as possible and fill that missing link.
I'm guessing that Seaforth to Helensburgh would then be longer than this current world's longest tunnel. Would it be 30 km's plus? One would have to think so although I'm not sure tbh.

The only missing link in the Sydney Motorway system would then be the westbound M2 - NorthConnex connection, and east bound North Connex - M2 where now you have to exit at Pennant Hills Rd traffic lights and then immediately enter the NTH Connex tunnel northbound or M2 southbound. Clearly, an original cost cutting measure not to do these. The amount of traffic that now has to do this stupid interchange via a set of traffic lights is insane at times. Thankfully, the stub tunnels have already been built in anticipation so it really shouldn't cost much to link these up underground in the future.

Anyway, enjoy this fly-through of the new M4-M8 LINK. An amazing bit of infrastructure.

We dropped in to the M8 at the back of Alexandria on Sunday and was in Greystanes in about 25 minutes. 👍

Gronk

Staff member
^^^ I heard on the radio the other day that we played a NBL night match in Perth (?) with the roof open ?

EDIT: Here you go. Nice.

Suitman

Post Whore
Peter Wynn's Score is moving to Jamie Oliver's failed restaurant in Centenary Square.
This joint.
1675148358843.png

TBH, this prime location deserves better than a $2 shop looking sports store, but good luck to him.

the phantom menace

First Grade
So long as he doesn't paint the brown bits blue and gold or clutter the square with clothes racks etc, then I guess it's a slightly better location for foot traffic?

Suitman

Post Whore
So, the Matilda's opening match at the FIFA 2023 Womans World Cup has today been moved from Allianz due to the high demand for tickets (which was already sold out) to Stadium Australia. No doubt that will sell out as well.
Amazing really, and just goes to show why football is the biggest sport on the planet.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
and women's football to boot

I mean 10 years ago, this would have been unheard of for women's sport

King-Gutho94

Coach
Should be a great tournament. Australians always get behind major sporting events. Hopefully shows FIFA what a f**kup it was giving it to Qatar.

I am travelling overseas from 25th June to 17th August so i will miss the tournament.

Are Australia are genuine chance to win it and is Kerr still the best player in the world.

T.S Quint

Coach
Peter Wynn's Score is moving to Jamie Oliver's failed restaurant in Centenary Square.
This joint.
View attachment 69923

TBH, this prime location deserves better than a $2 shop looking sports store, but good luck to him.

It will probably look a bit nicer than the previous spot, but at the end of the day even if it doesn’t I’m cool with it.

Peter Wynn’s Score is as big a part of Parramatta as any of the other buildings there. People go to Parra just to buy shit from there. The man has made himself a motza having a store that looks like a $2 shop, so why change if it works.

Suitman

Post Whore
It will probably look a bit nicer than the previous spot, but at the end of the day even if it doesn’t I’m cool with it.

Peter Wynn’s Score is as big a part of Parramatta as any of the other buildings there. People go to Parra just to buy shit from there. The man has made himself a motza having a store that looks like a $2 shop, so why change if it works.

Completely agree. He could just maybe make this amazing location even better and be even more of a drawcard.

Suitman

Post Whore
Should be a great tournament. Australians always get behind major sporting events. Hopefully shows FIFA what a f**kup it was giving it to Qatar.

I am travelling overseas from 25th June to 17th August so i will miss the tournament.

Are Australia are genuine chance to win it and is Kerr still the best player in the world.

She is top 3 in the world, without doubt.
Can we win it? I don't know but with the country behind them, who know's?