What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

forward pass

Coach
I am glad the club is telling Venues NSW to go f**k themselves. Great to see.

This will be sorted out for sure - and we will be the winners. Imagine the embarrassment from the Govt if the stadium does not have a major NRL tenant.

It raises two questions though -

1) The Tigers have agreed to play there. What sort of deal did they get? Have they been screwed too and were too stupid to realise - or was their deal much better then ours.

2) WSW - I wonder if they are going to take the same stance as us? Have they actually signed on as a tenant. Again - why are they not kicking up a stink?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I am glad the club is telling Venues NSW to go f**k themselves. Great to see.

This will be sorted out for sure - and we will be the winners. Imagine the embarrassment from the Govt if the stadium does not have a major NRL tenant.

It raises two questions though -

1) The Tigers have agreed to play there. What sort of deal did they get? Have they been screwed too and were too stupid to realise - or was their deal much better then ours.

2) WSW - I wonder if they are going to take the same stance as us? Have they actually signed on as a tenant. Again - why are they not kicking up a stink?

Tigers have only agreed to swap their games from ANZ to Parramatta stadium, they haven't signed on to a deal as of yet.

84 Baby

Referee
With the right advertising, ticket promotions, and form from the 2 teams that game can easily draw 50k. It doesn't make sense to move the game to Parramatta, the first game at the new stadium is almost guaranteed to draw close to capacity if not capacity.
Exactly. There may be issues with contracting for ANZ but really they'd prefer to have it tenanted than not. Plus wouldn't be an issue for us or Tigers hiring stadium if the NRL did all the f**king ground hiring

emjaycee

Coach
Exactly. There may be issues with contracting for ANZ but really they'd prefer to have it tenanted than not. Plus wouldn't be an issue for us or Tigers hiring stadium if the NRL did all the f**king ground hiring
There are some specifics that Parra would like that the NRL or Tigers wouldn't care about.
Won't go into specifics but it has to do with us owning a licenced premises just metres from the new stadium.

84 Baby

Referee
There are some specifics that Parra would like that the NRL or Tigers wouldn't care about.
Won't go into specifics but it has to do with us owning a licenced premises just metres from the new stadium.
Gurr - "We want reasonably priced food choices at stadium"

Paul - "Hike up the menu prices on Easter Monday"

Anyway serious question, is the club revenue really boosted that much on game days? Be good to know. Would explain a lot. But anyway for one game, overall I reckon it'd still be better to move another game, preferably against a low drawing side such as Cows or Tits.
Plus if Tigers are going to be using stadium too, then f**k them they can have their ground debut at a later date

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Whilst I support the club on this and the club dont want the supporters cost to increase I have a few questions. One if you havent signed on to the stadium why are you taking money deposits for a seat you yourselves havent committed to and if we dont play there will the money be refunded to members.

Also the cost of membership for 2019 has gone up so I dont see how this will reduce or keep membership prices the same. Something is not right about this.

I'm just worried the members are gonna cop the raw deal out of this.

Last edited:
Ever been to a PLC GM or AGM where football related issues were not brought up by members who cannot tell the difference between the 2 clubs?
yep all of them. Even when its brought to the attention of the meeting the next person gets up and brings something up about the football club, then the next person, then the next, then ..........................

84 Baby

Referee
Whilst I support the club on this and the club dont want the supporters cost to increase I have a few questions. One if you havent signed on to the stadium why are you taking money deposits for a seat you yourselves havent committed to and if we dont play there will the money be refunded to members.

Also the cost of membership for 2019 has gone up so I dont see how this will reduce or keep membership prices the same. Something is not right about this.

I'm just worried the members are gonna cop the raw deal out of this.
I reckon the club did jump gun on membership sales, but they did need to get them moving. Goes back to the ground hire terms should have been discussed before knocking down old stadium

Latest posts