What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta v Canterbury GAME DAY thread 19/7/18

Biggest issue we have is our kicking game..
Bomb after bomb after bomb... kick it to the corners and make them work it out..

I get what BA is thinking kick it high let our defense get up in their face but they were getting it 30m out each set then on the second tackle passing the half way line..

Except our defence gets nowhere near the ball and lets them run it out to the 30 giving teams a head start in every set

If you are going to put a bomb up kick it where we can contest it!

Gazzamatta

Coach
Except our defence gets nowhere near the ball and lets them run it out to the 30 giving teams a head start in every set

If you are going to put a bomb up kick it where we can contest it!
Or at least chase through. A straight line would be another good idea.
Absolute rubbish performance. The only light at the end of the tunnel is a train wreck hurtling towards us at breakneck speed.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Thought they saw??

Umm, that is my point.

So why is it totally unacceptable for a referee to react according to what they thought they saw happening on the field at the time? They aren't robots and are going to get some calls wrong occasionally.

I'm all for a good ref bashing but I think you have unrealistic expectations.

Bazal

Post Whore
So why is it totally unacceptable for a referee to react according to what they thought they saw happening on the field at the time? They aren't robots and are going to get some calls wrong occasionally.

I'm all for a good ref bashing but I think you have unrealistic expectations.

Conversely there's absolutely no excuse for the bunker to get it so badly wrong IMO.

They watch ten thousand f**ken replays f**ken!

Kornstar

Coach
Conversely there's absolutely no excuse for the bunker to get it so badly wrong IMO.

They watch ten thousand f**ken replays f**ken!

The best was last week and the try to the Knights where they kept looking for the first knock on for the Knights which was obvious after maybe the second replay that there was no knock on.......they spent so much time on that and never even looked at the little bobble on the actual put down. No scrutiny on that at all.

Suitman

Post Whore
The best was last week and the try to the Knights where they kept looking for the first knock on for the Knights which was obvious after maybe the second replay that there was no knock on.......they spent so much time on that and never even looked at the little bobble on the actual put down. No scrutiny on that at all.

I'm convinced they have the wrong people in the box. They are so inept.

Kornstar

Coach
I'm convinced they have the wrong people in the box. They are so inept.

Exactly! Why were the people in the bunker the only ones watching that thought the Roosters didn’t knock that ball on last Sunday?

The debacle with the Raiders/Sharks last night?

The non interest in Morris taking out Taka on Thursday?

They just have no feel for the game.....much like the referees too!

Suitman

Post Whore
Exactly! Why were the people in the bunker the only ones watching that thought the Roosters didn’t knock that ball on last Sunday?

The debacle with the Raiders/Sharks last night?

The non interest in Morris taking out Taka on Thursday?

They just have no feel for the game.....much like the referees too!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
There is nothing wrong with the technology. There is almost enough evidence to give a clear decision every time. Some of their decisions baffle even the dumbest of NRL fans, let alone the smart one's.
Some of the conclusions they come to just astound me.
For once I agree with Ricky. It's no wonder crowds are dropping and people are staying at home.
I heard Bernard Sutton interviewed on MMM this afternoon.
What a muppet.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I cant stand RS and am more than happy to see the grub fail but being honest, that flag in the air decision yesterday was probably the worst ive ever seen. Hard to believe it happened actually .

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
I cant stand RS and am more than happy to see the grub fail but being honest, that flag in the air decision yesterday was probably the worst ive ever seen. Hard to believe it happened actually .
Im just amazed no one went, hmmmm that was a touchie f**k up but we just gotta live with it and call no try .... if a ref blows the whistle just a tiny bit then there is no way of doing anything other than stopping the game

Gazzamatta

Coach
Im just amazed no one went, hmmmm that was a touchie f**k up but we just gotta live with it and call no try .... if a ref blows the whistle just a tiny bit then there is no way of doing anything other than stopping the game
Exactly.

Latest posts