What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PARRAMATTA v ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA @ ME BANK STADIUM 14th FEB

Perth Red

Post Whore
Large advert in Todays West and a small article in the sports section. The Force got 6,000 to their friendly last night, will be a good gauge to see how we compare.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great full page add on the first page of the STM Sunday Entertainmet mag and smaller add in the main sports section. Hats off to the WARL, they are certainly getting lots of advertising out there. Hopefully the RL fans of Perth will respond positively.

Will be a good test of the MES pitch as there is a Force game on Fri night, Glory game on Sat then the NRL game on Sunday.

Nuke

Staff member
As well as all these ads others have mentioned, there was also at least one ad on tv during the cricket one-dayer today between Australia and the Windies. Michael Thompson voiced the ad. He did it kinda blandly, but it was great to see.

11Straight

Juniors
Awesome to hear they are advertising this i hope a great crowd turns up.

The more exposure to league we get out west the better.Are there going to be any clinics or functions like there was last year??

seaeagleray

Juniors
What they have on while over here

TIMINGS FOR THE WEEK:
St George Illawarra Dragons
Wednesday, February 10 2.10pm Arriver Virgin Domestic DJ557
Thursday, February 11 12.00 – 1.00 Media Conference ME Bank Stadium
1.00 – 3.00 ARL Schools Clinic
Charles Riley Reserve, North Beach
2.00 – 3.00 Selected Players attending
Princess Margaret Hospital
4.30 – 5.30 Clubs Junior Clinic
Charles Riley Reserve, North Beach
Saturday, February 13 3.30 – 4.30 Clubs Junior Clinic
George Burnett Park, Karrawarra
Sunday, February 14 4.45 Trial Game, ME Bank Stadium
Parramatta Eels
Wednesday, February 10 8.45pm Arriver Virgin Domestic DJ565
Thursday, February 11 12.00 – 1.00 Media Conference ME Bank Stadium
Friday, February 12 4.30 – 5.30 Clubs Junior Clinic
Ken Allen Field, Hilton
Sunday, February 14 4.45 Trial Game, ME Bank Stadium

Perth Red

Post Whore
Over 6,000 tickets sold. Lets hope for a nice night weather wise and a good walk up crowd. Should go over 10,000 at least.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
http://www.warugbyleague.com.au/content/news/?page=3&nid=4217&oid=

GREEN RETURNS TO PERTH WITH DRAGONS

Source: Illawarra Mercury - Tim Barrow
Jon%20Green%20Dragons.jpg

St George Illawarra prop Jon Green will embark on a homecoming of sorts today, determined to lead a charge on not one but two career crusades.
As Green arrives with the 22-man Dragons squad in Perth this afternoon to prepare for Sunday's trial against Parramatta, his immediate focus is on securing his place as a full-time NRL player this season.
Green moved to Western Australia with his father as an 11-year-old before being lured into the NRL system when he was scouted playing for the South Perth Lions.
He has since spent time at the Sharks and Bulldogs, but is intent on finding a home at the Dragons after playing eight games in the top grade last year.
"I always looked at myself as a fringe first grader up until last year," he said.
"I knew I could come in (to the NRL team) and do a job and I was really happy with how I played, it built confidence.
"It made me feel that I could be part of the team."
Green has been toiling away for feeder club Shellharbour since joining St George Illawarra in 2008.
But he credits a conscious effort to simplify his playing style for his success and with the departure of NSW prop Justin Poore this year, is chasing a dream of becoming a regular NRL player.
"It's tough (moving between Shellharbour and St George Illawarra), I wouldn't wish it upon anyone, you're in and out and going up and back all the time.
"It's sort of unsettling, but you work around it," Green said.
"Hopefully this year I'm always up in first grade, but I just want to trial well and go from there."
With his sister and brother still living in the west the trek to Perth is more a personal affair than a pre-season getaway for Green.
And then there's the tribe of former Lions team-mates - who claimed the West Australian premiership last season - still following his every move in the NRL.

Which brings him to the second of his rugby league crusades.
Because Green is adamant that while the NRL is defending its own patch in western Sydney against the AFL invasion, there is merit in further expansion of the code in Western Australia.
"A trial over there is better than nothing," Green said.
"Every game over there is great for the game, it's going to do wonders over there.
"And the more we get, the better we are to have a team in the (NRL) comp, hopefully they're not too far away.
"South Perth is red and white, so a lot of them follow the Dragons because of the colours," he revealed.
"There are a lot of club stalwarts who love the Dragons and appreciate us going over there."

seaeagleray

Juniors
I have even more reason to be excited about this game now. The WARL have arranged to have some under 7's playing at half time. It is going to be my youngest boys first year this year. And his first game, as a dad i cant be more proud that he gets to make his debut at a event like this. Go Son

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nice one, good luck to him. Length of the field try I hope!

Not bad making your debut at MES in front of 10,000.

thommo4pm

Coach
Do you guys in Perth know if 6PR will be broadcasting it like they did last year?
Listened to it via the Internet last year, hoping to do the same thing on Sunday.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
was a good game and good arvo! pretty good crowd for a trial, few things on in Perth 2day as well - Good vibes & wildcats were playin (not that that would of made much of a diff)

Nuke

Staff member
Even with Good Vibes on and given it was about 37°, I was still disappointed to see so many vacant seats. Admittedly, the Family Stand was the most vacant and that was directly opposite where I was sitting. At one point I had a good view of the whole crowd and the rest of the stands looked quite good as far as having lots of people in them goes. It was just that one stand that I saw the most of that probably influenced me in that regards.

Goldthorpe

Bench
was a good game and good arvo! pretty good crowd for a trial, few things on in Perth 2day as well - Good vibes & wildcats were playin (not that that would of made much of a diff)
The Wildcats had a sell-out, there was only standing room and Challenge Stadium has a capacity of 4,500. I decided to go to the Wildcats instead of the trial.