What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra's 2nd Quarter of the Season 2023

King-Gutho94

Coach
6 games in we have reached the quarter mark of the season. Unfortunately we are only 2 wins from 6 when it could well have been 3 or 4 wins.

It means we are chasing our tail a bit and have to make up some ground unlike in previous seasons where we started out fast from the previous 4 seasons.

2019 - 4 wins from 6
2020 - 5 wins from 6
2021 - 5 wins from 6
2022 - 4 wins from 6.

In the context of the season this next 6 weeks will basically decide our season i feel in the leadup to the origin period.

A minimum of 4 wins is required in this period of 6 games anything less i think we are struggling to make finals.

Our record against Souths is horrible as everyone is aware. That round is also indigenous round which also puts us at a disadvantage as Latrell & Cody will be frothing for a big performance. So i am already counting that as a loss.

Which means we have to look at winning 4 from next 5.

Draw is favourable but do Parra have enough gears to lift themselves over the next 6 weeks and cash in after a tough start.

Time will tell

Draw from 7-12
Round 7 - Bulldogs @ Commbank
Round 8 - Broncos @ Darwin
Round 9 - Knights @ Commbank
Round 10 - Titans @ Suncorp
Round 11 - Raiders @ Canberra
Round 12 - Souths @ Allianz

the phantom menace

First Grade
Agree 4 from 6 is minimum needed in the coming rounds to get the season back on track and even keel.

You'd imagine Broncos and Souths might be a stretch unless we play out of our skins (like the Panthers game). But the other 4 games are against teams that have also been hot and cold like us, and should (on paper) be well within our abilities to beat.

With a full strength pack and no injuries (other than a slight lack of class in the outside backs) anything less than a win against the Bulldogs is a signal/confirmation that we're not where we should be to compete for (or in) the 8 this season.