What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra's Performances vs 'Good' and 'Bad Teams

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
For your discussion...

Cross posted from the NRL forum:

mongoose said:
Contenders:

Storm - Have all the class in the world but have looked vunerable the last few weeks. I would tip Manly to beat them in the GF if they meet. They don't like to get in an arm wrestle.

Sea Eagles - Manly look ready for finals football. They may not have all the superstars of the storm but they are a well balanced team that plays to their strengths every week. Will make the GF.

Warriors - Have been on fire as of late. Questions still loom over their halves and hooker and whether they can step up in finals football. The forwards and outside backs will run around or over the top of anyone though.

Eels - If they turn it on they will go far, but they are still the most inconsistent 3rd placed side ever. Hagan needs to get the boys fired up otherwise they will be cannon fodder for the above 3.

I'm not sure that's the problem.

The Warriors smashed us by 16 points in round 1 but we turned around and beat them by 24 ten weeks later.

Manly were too good for us both times we met, yet we led at halftime in both games before getting smashed in the second half. Either they had us for fitness or wore us down with their size or we switched off at halftime.

Either way we only lost the two games by 10 and 8 points so we were hardly cannon-fodder.

And we have yet to play Melbourne this year.

So I don't think Parramatta have any trouble firing up for the big teams (except when we lead at halftime).

Our biggest losses this year have been to the Raiders (28 points), Titans (26 points), Souths (25 points) and Knights (24 points).

I don't think we're likely to be so relaxed in the finals, especially against Melbourne, Manly and the Warriors.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I know it's not really related to this topic but right now I honestly see Melbourne, Manly, The Warriors and Roosters all in better form then Parra and we all know how the Dogs always come good around this time and they are getting players back all those teams right now based on performances are bigger threats for the title then Parra and it's up to the players to fire up each game

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
I know it's not really related to this topic

Mate, what you're about to say is very related to the topic.

but right now I honestly see Melbourne, Manly, The Warriors and Roosters all in better form then Parra and we all know how the Dogs always come good around this time and they are getting players back all those teams right now based on performances are bigger threats for the title then Parra and it's up to the players to fire up each game

Right, and I've just shown that we have no problem 'firing up' to face teams who are seen as title threats.

We do have problems staying 'fired up' after dominating the first half of these matches but the worst we've done against any of these contenders was way back in round 1 vs the Warriors.

goboggo

Juniors
I tend to agree that we raise our game against the better teams.

That run of Broncs, Manly, Dogs showed that we can perform at a decent level for at least three weeks in a row.

Can we win 3 games in a row? Well, I hate to repeat it again as we've all said it, but it comes down to our ability to defend our line and play 80 minutes blah blah blah...

We CAN beat the big teams. We need to get a decent spot in the finals though. Actually, we just need to make it through to week 2. After that, who knows...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Beating Melbourne in Melbourne is the biggest test in RL. Next to zero support, competition leaders, best illegal defense, structure....and not to mention the ingoals are a little more narrow then others.

forward pass

Coach
No LabeL EeL said:
dogs will choke......again

Ummm..do you realise you follow the most notorious chokers in the comp.? I'd give anything to have the Bulldogs success. They had one bad semi - gee thats a pretty silly post !!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I agree FP, and i think the Doggies will still be smarting from last year. If we can fix up our defence we can go a long way into the finals. But that is a big if after our last month or so.

Latest posts