What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parsons out for six weeks.

antonius

Coach
The big unit has a tendon prob with a thumb/finger, and may miss the opening game against Penrith. Wooly(Adam Woolnough) also has a strained Hammy and will miss the trial against the Roosters. Not a good start people, two Props down and we haven't kicked a ball yet.

Andy

First Grade
The old war horse is slowing down. All the oldies get more and more injuries and take longer and longer to recover from them.

He'll retire at the end of this season and if he doesn't, it'll be a miracle if the Knights keep him.

MC DUI

Juniors
I can see the beginnings of another shocker year with injuries in our forwards, which is going to hurt us severly with our lack of depth and experience.

Oh well chins up I'll support the boys no matter whos on the park :D

Andy

First Grade
Seems as though all of the spare money free'd up by getting rid of Rudder and MacDougall has been spent on backs and halves and the management has forgotten about the front men. #-o

Kaz

junior
Andy said:
Seems as though all of the spare money free'd up by getting rid of Rudder and MacDougall has been spent on backs and halves and the management has forgotten about the front men. #-o

So glad the Knights Management haven't changed over the years. :lol:

Andy

First Grade
Kaz said:
Andy said:

So glad the Knights Management haven't changed over the years. :lol:

Ouch... It hurts cause it's true. :lol:

~bedsy~

First Grade
Well that's not good at all.... Hopefully it isn't the start of another run of bad injuries. *Touch Wood*

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm not too down about it. Hopefully that means Woolnough can cement the starting spot and Parsons can take on an impact role for the side. He's not fast or fit enough to be a run on prop anymore- he'd have more impact off of the bench. I'd hate to be a tired player and have the tallest man in NRL history running at me.

Doctor

Bench
Darn. No, it doesn't make for a good start to the season. The Knights of the late 90s were renown for having a great backline but struggled up front. Perhaps we're returning to the glory days when we win matches in the backline instead of trying to muscle control of the match.

Woolnough is my biggest concern - he is afterall still young and is the product of longer-term investment by the club. Players are not just worth the money paid to them now, they are indeed the end-result of many years of coaching, fine tuning their footballing development.

I'd want to see Parsons back on the field more often than not this year - our pre-season injury situation has gone from 'pretty good in comparison to past years' to 'darn....again!'.

It will be another long season of disappointment if injury factors once again play their part. :(