What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

patterson over lima?

B_Tiger

Juniors
Plenty of problems out there to address, but putting patterson ahead of lima is just unbelievably stupid. Lima isn't perfect in defense but he offers a much greater threat on attack then patto ever will. I just don't understand a move like that when we desperately an impact player player in the forwards. Patterson is not first grade level and never will be. He's had a f**king long time to prove that and he needs to be crossed off the list of forwards available and deserving of a first grade spot. Jamie small and jeff Lima dominate just about every week. They are hard hitting, strong tacklers and that's exactly what the side needs. Patto is neither.

innsaneink

Referee
B_Tiger said:
Plenty of problems out there to address, but putting patterson ahead of lima is just unbelievably stupid. Lima isn't perfect in defense but he offers a much greater threat on attack then patto ever will. I just don't understand a move like that when we desperately an impact player player in the forwards. Patterson is not first grade level and never will be. He's had a f***ing long time to prove that and he needs to be crossed off the list of forwards available and deserving of a first grade spot. Jamie small and jeff Lima dominate just about every week. They are hard hitting, strong tacklers and that's exactly what the side needs. Patto is neither.

I would like to hear Sheens reasoning/logic for playing Patto over Lima.

I dont think Lima or Small wouldve made much difference last nite though, its evident the gulf between Manly & the Roosters.....we looked like top 4 material against Manly 2 weeks back....and Lima looked to be what weve been missing, yet against a class outfit we were shown up for what we really are....and thats middle to lower half....were a long way off competing consistently with the likes of the Dogs Roosters Broncos etc.

I still wouldve preferred Jeff playing last nite...I nearly dropped me milo when I saw Patto's name on the bench.

jirskyr

Juniors
Oh Patto, The Playdough Warrior.

He must have some kind of leverage over Sheensie. Blackmail, sex, gossip... it must be something.

HappyTiger

Juniors
In all honesty Lima was ordinary in PL anyway.But i do agree he should have been there ahead of Patto.

B_Tiger

Juniors
to say he was ordinary last night is unfair. He certainly didn't have his best match but he hit hard in defense and provided quality go-forward. That said, he dropped off too many tackles and wasn't as dominant as he usually is.

Small went well last night. The problems for balmain did not relate to go-forward or space provided for the backs. Our pack was dominant last night but let down by a really poor performance from the backs. Our forwards have definately performed better but they can't be blamed for the result.

insane, you write that one player doesn't change a mediocre team but that isn't really an argument for not playing the best available. Patterson should not have been selected because he isn't as good as lima, it doesn't really matter how good the rest of the team is. In the first 20 minutes we were at least equal with the roosters. Had a forward like Lima came on right around the 20 minute mark and made an impact then the match could be completely changed round. Maintaining momentum is everything in league and last night we seemed to cave in and accept the result far earlier then a better side would. Rather then take the view that it doesn't really matter who played, make every player accountable for the result and look at who can be brought in to produce more then our zero points last night.

innsaneink

Referee
B_Tiger said:
to say he was ordinary last night is unfair. He certainly didn't have his best match but he hit hard in defense and provided quality go-forward. That said, he dropped off too many tackles and wasn't as dominant as he usually is.

Small went well last night. The problems for balmain did not relate to go-forward or space provided for the backs. Our pack was dominant last night but let down by a really poor performance from the backs. Our forwards have definately performed better but they can't be blamed for the result.

insane, you write that one player doesn't change a mediocre team but that isn't really an argument for not playing the best available. Patterson should not have been selected because he isn't as good as lima, it doesn't really matter how good the rest of the team is. In the first 20 minutes we were at least equal with the roosters. Had a forward like Lima came on right around the 20 minute mark and made an impact then the match could be completely changed round. Maintaining momentum is everything in league and last night we seemed to cave in and accept the result far earlier then a better side would. Rather then take the view that it doesn't really matter who played, make every player accountable for the result and look at who can be brought in to produce more then our zero points last night.
No...your spot on BT....Patto does not provide the impact we need when he comes on. Good point.

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Well said B. How can we persist with Pato. he looks the part but just does not deliver. Reminds me of Aussie Joe Bugner.

Latest posts