What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Paul Kent charged with domestic violence offences, found not guilty

betcats

Referee

some highlights from above link:

A police prosecutor told the court an additional charge of common assault occasioning actual bodily harm will be laid.

The court heard a mini brief of evidence was ready, but Magistrate Michael Maher made orders for the brief to be served by November.

The court was told there were three witnesses for the prosecution, including the alleged victim, who stood at the back of the court when the matter was mentioned."

Also from the man himself:

Mr Kent’s lawyer told the court there are intended to be three witnesses for the defence during the full-day hearing.

The hearing was set down for two days in December and Mr Kent’s bail was continued.

Outside court, Mr Kent told reporters he was looking forward to the “full story” to come out.

When asked what his employers thought about the charges, Mr Kent said “they fully support me”.

“I’m embarrassed about it, but unfortunately it’s beyond my control so I’ll just let the court process see its way through now and once we get to the end then we can hopefully see some things through different eyes,” he said.

“It’s the rugby league soap opera, it’s the way it rolls…that’s fine, people are entitled to their opinions and we’ll get to the end of it and everything will be OK.”

The 53-year-old has been temporarily stood down from his roles as a senior writer for The Daily Telegraph and host of Fox Sports show NRL 360.

Looks like we will be without Kentys awesome opinions until december at least. What a shame.

bipolarbob

Juniors

some highlights from above link:

A police prosecutor told the court an additional charge of common assault occasioning actual bodily harm will be laid.

The court heard a mini brief of evidence was ready, but Magistrate Michael Maher made orders for the brief to be served by November.

The court was told there were three witnesses for the prosecution, including the alleged victim, who stood at the back of the court when the matter was mentioned."

Also from the man himself:

Mr Kent’s lawyer told the court there are intended to be three witnesses for the defence during the full-day hearing.

The hearing was set down for two days in December and Mr Kent’s bail was continued.

Outside court, Mr Kent told reporters he was looking forward to the “full story” to come out.

When asked what his employers thought about the charges, Mr Kent said “they fully support me”.

“I’m embarrassed about it, but unfortunately it’s beyond my control so I’ll just let the court process see its way through now and once we get to the end then we can hopefully see some things through different eyes,” he said.

“It’s the rugby league soap opera, it’s the way it rolls…that’s fine, people are entitled to their opinions and we’ll get to the end of it and everything will be OK.”

The 53-year-old has been temporarily stood down from his roles as a senior writer for The Daily Telegraph and host of Fox Sports show NRL 360.

Looks like we will be without Kentys awesome opinions until december at least. What a shame.
we need lara pitt on her till then...or beyond. my eyes keep hurting from looking at uncle fester...i mean gordy...

shiznit

Coach

This is the part that pisses me off…

This asshole think’s he’s actually part of the game…

He’s a parasite trying to tell everyone that he’s actually part of the host!

MugaB

Coach
“Where was Penrith’s duty of care, why didn’t they read Luai’s wedding speech!” Lol
That was one of the most unhinged rants I’ve ever seen.

Too funny this was posted a few months ago...
Cant believe it like art imitating life

Sphagnum

Coach
Allegedly the best way to get a partner who has broken up with you back is to choke some sense into them. To his credit, that does sound like an idea that came out of some shit daytime soap opera.

some11

Referee
“I’m embarrassed about it, but unfortunately it’s beyond my control

“It’s the rugby league soap opera, it’s the way it rolls…
Interesting choice of words, if I were innocent I would just say it didn't happen.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Wow 7 months till court date ..

There is no way he can be on tv or write stories in the meantime

Realistically it probably is career over .. even if proven not guilty one would think

In the meantime, click and read every article about this fker. His story was second most read on SMH yesterday.

More clicks = more coverage

Latest posts