What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Paul Kent charged with domestic violence offences, found not guilty

It’s a heavy blow for kenty being a “ moral leader” of the nrl media.

Without making presumptions, it’s a nasty mess he’s got into.

So far as I know, it’s some kind of sudden decision to be in the proximity of the girl on the fateful evening.

Some kind of lack of composure or other reflex to rush into the fray of the annoyance, when he may have ignored it or even called the cops if he felt intimidated. All good in hindsight.

Had he had a few beers?

Was the alleged choking a self-defence?

I wonder if a video will emerge?

He used to box and they say he’s still handy and you’d think mentally tough, given his positions and criticisms of players etc.

If he has choked and belted a defenceless women, resorted to disproportionate violence and harm, I think he should he should never work with in the game again.

Players put up with all kinds of taunting, James Graham has spoken about it. Yet almost all of them tough it out.

Exsilium

First Grade
It will be a blast when Sticky becomes an NRL 360 panellist.

"I wont be able to fill the shoes of such a great Rugby League advocate and good friend. What I will say is that I won't be saying nuffin cause I'll be fined...."

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
As a viewer of a range of ESPN sports shows, Kent is a blip on the radar when it comes to complete wankers to air their thoughts.

League has a small community and it's easy to be identifiable as a complete dick.

I don't love everything he says and does but he has his moments. I prefer the random fan podcasts and forums for discussing the important topics. I think that's what makes LU so great. We all argue and carry on but the discussions here are more valuable to me as a fan than anything the mainstream media puts out there.

I don't like them one bit. I prefer to listen to ex footy players talk about that game, like Willie and Horo on his YT. Even dope freddy and joey.

I don't want to listen or see anything a jounro has to say.

Especially a f**king commentator.

Exsilium

First Grade
I don't like them one bit. I prefer to listen to ex footy players talk about that game, like Willie and Horo on his YT. Even dope freddy and joey.

The increasing presence of ex-players and experts on YT is going to be good for the game and fans. The discussions are more open and there's no real agenda given they are not in the mainstream media.

Most of the sports coverage I watch or listen to are from people who know the game and their analysis is often very good.

Maybe LU should consider a podcast! We can have a segment with notable LU members. I'd subscribe to it! I'd be hanging for the @skeepe episode on refereeing standards. :)

The increasing presence of ex-players and experts on YT is going to be good for the game and fans. The discussions are more open and there's no real agenda given they are not in the mainstream media.

Most of the sports coverage I watch or listen to are from people who know the game and their analysis is often very good.

Maybe LU should consider a podcast! We can have a segment with notable LU members. I'd subscribe to it! I'd be hanging for the @skeepe episode on refereeing standards. :)

In the msm most of the players turn into nuffies.

Probably my favourite is James Graham, he’s a bit of a loose cannon.

Exsilium

First Grade
In the msm most of the players turn into nuffies.

Probably my favourite is James Graham, he’s a bit of a loose cannon.

I don't mind JG. He calls it as he see's it. He has a lot of great insight on the club dynamics and structures. Hopefully more players decide to share their view.

I used to like 'A Bloke in a Bar' but I feel its lost its direction nowadays.

Lets start an LU poddy. It would be a riot. I'll fund it.

soc123_au

Staff member

I want @skeepe calling games. @SLRBRONCOS providing colour commentary and @hineyrulz sideline eye.

Apey

Staff member

Freddy and the Eighth + Immortal behaviour are pretty fun, even if I don't agree with a lot of what Joey thinks these days. It's worth sitting through to hear the stories.

Hell I even watched the last Six tackles with Gus because Daryl Brohman was on. That was worth watching, love the big marn.

THE CHAMP

First Grade