What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Kent

Poss

Juniors
But you were absolutely incorrect about Ian Moss.
Dross? Man is one of our greatest singer/guitarists/musicians of all time.

Eion

First Grade
They weren't employees.

I think your disdain for Kent is overshadowing your logic and sense of reality,

I'd say all News Corp will ever possibly publish is a statement from a lawyer. Their lawyer, not Kent's
I’m with DS here. It’s double standards, pure and simple.

Kent is not a simple journo reporting on the game, he has made himself into a media personality and should get the same levels of personal reporting than everyone else.

If this was any other celebrity or rugby league personality the reporting would have been very different. World we live in.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I’m with DS here. It’s double standards, pure and simple.

Kent is not a simple journo reporting on the game, he has made himself into a media personality and should get the same levels of personal reporting than everyone else.

If this was any other celebrity or rugby league personality the reporting would have been very different. World we live in.
Exactly it's not as if he simply writes and reports on the game.

He is front and centre of NRL 360, he would have highest profile of any reporter on Fox sports re NRL.
So he needs to face the same punishment

jc155776

Coach
Fox have taken down all NRL360 episodes. Trying to prevent people going through and gathering evidence to cal out the hypocrisy or probably Kent ranting on previous player incidents etc.

Just FYI, if NSW is like QLD, if the criminal matter is dropped the media/court can not report on the outcome of any civil DV orders.

General Information only: people may have the charge dropped (money often talks in these situations, ‘case conferencing’ in qld allows for matters to be settled privately and police drop criminal charges) but if the DV order is put in place (which means DV was committed and protection is needed) it will often only be reported that charges are dropped….. the DV order is never mentioned, and everyone starts shouting ‘they were innocent see!!!!111oneone’.

Has happened before in several high profile DV related incidents where criminal charges are dropped (complaint withdrawn, victim can’t be f**ked going to court etc) but the incident actually still happened/occurred.

DV is never simple, I’ve personally been to more DV murders of men than woman (statistically that’s just an anomaly), but plenty more serious woman beat downs. I’ve also seen genuine vexatious complaints (in 2023 however gotta pretend these never occur though).

As much as I hate Kent, I do think for all involved it’s better kept out of the spotlight, the issue here however is how willing he has been to drag it up and scream and yell about other players f**king up etc….