What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul McGregor's Biggest Impact on the Game

Qapm

Juniors
This is the thread in which you can nominate what you believe is Mary's biggest impact on League. Can be good, bad or indifferent and does not have to be St. George related. As a player, Mary deserves some accolades. That being said, here is my contribution:

Gareth Widdop - Something I can never forgive Mary for.

Gareth Widdop, a world class talent wasted under the McGregor regime. 5 1/2 or so seasons at the Dragons and f-all to show for it but two busted shoulders.

RedVDave

First Grade
He does have a knack for destroying fullbacks and bench players confidence.

He's also very good at getting rid of our best players and replacing them with duds.

Brett Morris for Eto Nabuli.
Reece Robson for Isaac Luke
Gareth Widdop for Corey Norman
Benji Marshall for Josh McCrone

Others include: Trent Merrin, Tyson Frizzel, Joel Thompson, Leeson Ah Mau and Josh Dugan

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’m a glass half full kinda guy..

Mary’s biggest impact for me is freeing up my September to enjoy a holiday each year.

I can stop & smell the roses, listen to birds chirping as spring starts to make the days longer & the sun shine a bit hotter.

All of this I can do without having the stress of finals to contend with.

BLM01

First Grade
I have a sort of positive from Mc0 and it came as a shock that his corporate babble and Maryisms has spread across the league.
Having listened to a coach that is getting max effort out of his players ATM and has not lost a game yet in OBrien...and thought how that Tyson chose an unknown coach over his beloved club drives a huge knife into our club and Mary.
And there it was in O'Briens press conference..he mentioned during the training and off season that he wanted his players being "Comfortable being uncomfortable"

Mc85..Mc9...has spread..other coaches are talking his talk
Now I know why Tyson signed with the Knights
Is O'Brien a younger version or just simply a "Mary" clone

But Mc0 has got to leave a legacy of his Marysisms and one liners which we have covered ad nauseum.
But his latest one of.."scrimmages at training" makes me giggle
Yes its a NFL term (typical) which he learnt in his overseas junket but an English dictionary Description
"A confused struggle or fight"....says it all really. Our poor players!

Dragon David

First Grade
Soon to be the longest serving coach in the history of St George Illawarra / St George - I think he is only a couple more games away from overtaking Ken Kearney's tenure.

How does one achieve such accolade with such incompetence?
Yes, just unbelievable!

Dragon David

First Grade
His biggest impact on the game is a big fat zero. Zero results for the past 7 years. A total failure of a rugby league coach devoid of making us fans proud of the Dragons. He is a complete disaster and has not contributed to any good everlasting memories for us to hold onto. His impact should be driving his jetski into the sand dunes and not on the game of rugby league.

His face should be obliterated from all sources associated with the Dragons.