What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Vaughan

SaintPauli

Juniors
P.V. tried to hide the truth, players tried to hide from the coppers and also denied to club and nrl they were there.
B.S. LOUD AND CLEAR FROM OUR PLAYERS. PUNISHMENT JUSTIFIED.
Paul Vaughan got what he deserved. Sacked for doing wrong by his fans 1st , club and NRL.
Hopefully they turn it around from here. I look forward to the juniors who will be our future.

qld redvee

Juniors
I didn't buy it for a second. Didn't hear a proper sorry to the club only the NRL. We went through this in 2020. I feel like it was to serve his self interest, more or less an interview for his next suitor.

May be harsh but that's how I interpreted it.
Big red.
he didnt really answer anything just tried to use the sorry word , and hadley pointed out later virtually used the same wording last year when he got busted at the cafe !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLM01

First Grade
I didn't buy it for a second. Didn't hear a proper sorry to the club only the NRL. We went through this in 2020. I feel like it was to serve his self interest, more or less an interview for his next suitor.

May be harsh but that's how I interpreted it.
I mean what was FOX hoping to hear that we cant already guess ourselves.
He was never going to put his neck in the noose
Of course he has to say sorry.. only cause he got caught and is forced into it on national TV
They were happy to choose to do it and not really hide it in the first instance anyway
They thought it was a good idea

denis preston

First Grade
To articles like this a wise man said many many years ago "you are not going as good as you think or as bad as you think and generally it is somewhere in between " Anyhow , Webster continues his tirade against Hooks appointment. Wonder what happened there ?

getsmarty

Immortal
To articles like this a wise man said many many years ago "you are not going as good as you think or as bad as you think and generally it is somewhere in between " Anyhow , Webster continues his tirade against Hooks appointment. Wonder what happened there ?
Seems the press have it in for him....I like the comments Re Our Board and What has happened since 2011.......

giboz71

First Grade

He wrote the article outlining culture issues at the Dragons (which lets face it is nothing new), but the whole point of the article hidden behind the other stuff was a back handed swipe at Hook (who had nothing to do with any of this).

He well and truly had egg on his face after his initial tirade on Griffin when we won 4 in a row and beat Parra, so he need to score some points back, like the immature hack he is.

Weidler and Webster will take any swipe at the Dragons now, based on Griffin's running Feud with their bum chum Gus. Mind you Hook has never said a word responding to any of it, but the hack journos just keep going.

FlameThrower

Bench
Totally DISAGREE.

Whilst Vaughan copped the brunt of the suspensions, every single player at his house was EQUALLY responsible for their attendance that night.

Also, the way that the NRL has issued the fines is laughable by scaling an individuals fine by the amount they earn.

The NSW police issued $1000 fines for each individual. They have a rule in place and if you break the rule the penalty is known.

But the NRL make it up as they go long:
- Fines based on the 'NRL Asset Test' formula and whatever else they can think of at the time.
- Suspensions based on the name of the team
- etc etc
FYI - following the Mitchell Pearce $110K fine for that ‘incident’ NRLPA sat with NRL on a maximum fine structure based on current wage for each player. That’s what they agreed on ..

BLM01

First Grade
I feel sorry for Webb. Can only imagine how difficult it would be working with the clowns on the board, trying to handicap him etc
Brian Johnston had the same trouble
Poisoned chalice
Who wants the job next?

BLM01

First Grade
AND imo why the inept Board needs a very, very smart operator like Webby to cover for them. Doust & Johnston were not and look what happened there !
Wash your mouth putting Doust & Johnno in the same sentence
He was put there to be the puppet and his hands were tied from Day 1 towing the board corporate line and way
He saw the light in Dunedoo and got out quick

denis preston

First Grade
Wash your mouth putting Doust & Johnno in the same sentence
He was put there to be the puppet and his hands were tied from Day 1 towing the board corporate line and way
He saw the light in Dunedoo and got out quick
Mate i really think it is a case on the St George side that they want Webby & Hook to run the show and only come to them to rubber stamp things, as their priority is the Leagues club ( that's who votes them in or out ) . Certainly a problem when you want to initiate changes but lack of focus in the football club gives these guys some room. How the WIN side of the Board operates or is in sink with Hook & Webby i wouldn't have a clue. Certainly a shotgun marriage !

I feel sorry for Webb. Can only imagine how difficult it would be working with the clowns on the board, trying to handicap him etc
Same.

He’d be getting paid handsomely. No doubt.

But yeah, could you imagine a young ambitious normal merkin like him coming in and meeting the likes of Petros, Robinson, Fat Albert, all the Illawarra dip shits and whatever other drunk f**k ups we have on our board(s).

f**k that.

denis preston

First Grade
Same.

He’d be getting paid handsomely. No doubt.

But yeah, could you imagine a young ambitious normal merkin like him coming in and meeting the likes of Petros, Robinson, Fat Albert, all the Illawarra dip shits and whatever other drunk f**k ups we have on our board(s).

f**k that.
He has some experience in AFL & NRL management before so he would be used to it !

Latest posts