What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paying an overseas fine

age.s

First Grade
My wife and I went on a trip to Italy (and a few other places in Europe) earlier this year. We hired a car in Florence and drove around the north of the country for a few days. All was well until a few days ago I was sent a notice advising me that I had received a fine for "Driving in an unauthorized area" or words to that effect. I was never pulled over, don't remember disobeying any road rules and the offense is described extremely vaguely.

I guess my question is, what recourse do I have here? Should I even bother paying this thing? It's not a huge amount of money but I feel like I'm being cheated.

Danish

Referee
Yeah I wouldn't bother paying it either.

Worst case scenario you get bailed up to pay it years from now if you ever decide to go to Italy again and they actually manage to keep a record of the fine for all that time.

Bulldog Force

Referee
My wife and I went on a trip to Italy (and a few other places in Europe) earlier this year. We hired a car in Florence and drove around the north of the country for a few days. All was well until a few days ago I was sent a notice advising me that I had received a fine for "Driving in an unauthorized area" or words to that effect. I was never pulled over, don't remember disobeying any road rules and the offense is described extremely vaguely.

I guess my question is, what recourse do I have here? Should I even bother paying this thing? It's not a huge amount of money but I feel like I'm being cheated.
Don't bother mate.

Packy

Bench
Hedonism_Bot.jpg

TeamSatan

Juniors
I had plenty of parking fines and other smaal traffic tickets in europe years ago.
Never paid one.
Have been back and nothing said ..dont worry ,what are they going to do drag you back to face court?

Latest posts