What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payne Haas Stood Down - mother now in court

Vee

First Grade
there's nothing to suggest he did anything wrong himself, he failed to comply with the integrity unit.
So, did he not do anything wrong or did he fail to comply with the integrity unit?

You can only choose one.

LineBall

Juniors
https://www.smh.com.au/national/que...mum-in-court-for-assault-20190529-p51sd1.html

Broncos and NSW Origin player's mum in court for assault

The mother of Brisbane Broncos star and NSW Origin debutant Payne Haas held a delivery driver in place so two children could violently attack him for cutting her off in a Gold Coast McDonald's drive-through, a court has been told.

While her son is set to make his State of Origin debut, his mother, Uiatu "Joan" Taufua, faced the Southport Magistrates Court on Wednesday charged with assault occasioning bodily harm.

Defence lawyer Lisa Searing said Ms Taufua had 10 children, aged four to 21, including a quadriplegic son, and her husband was on a disability pension.

She also cared for an 84-year-old family friend named Pop and had taken in two other children.

Ms Searing said Ms Taufua reacted "emotionally" to being cut off because her son became a quadriplegic as a result of a car accident.

"She reacted differently to how the average person might react," Ms Searing said.

Off-field incidents involving Haas and his family have cost the prop, who was fined $20,000 for failing to co-operate with the NRL Integrity Unit's investigation.

As she arrived at the courthouse, Ms Taufua told reporters her Haas's NRL career had nothing to do with the incident and she proudly wore a blue State of Origin scarf to court.

"Go the Blues," she said.

AAP

some11

Referee
Defence lawyer Lisa Searing said Ms Taufua had 10 children, aged four to 21, including a quadriplegic son, and her husband was on a disability pension.

She also cared for an 84-year-old family friend named Pop and had taken in two other children.
Now I understand why Haas is playing out of his skin.

Hawkins

Juniors
7a44341d39ffbd7e7cf8da34764eaa4f-1024x767.jpg

He played a number or Youth Internationals for the German under 18's and Under 16's teams. Starred on their tour of Estonia and Latvia.

I did not know that. Good for him.

I am hoping that Payne Haas can play alongside other German stars like Jimmy Keinhorst (Hull KR) and perhaps Kyle Feldt (NQ Cowboys), thereby giving Germany a real chance of competing in the 2025 World Cup.

dogslife

Coach
Payne Haas... The first Swiss-German-Islander to score one try and get suspended for 4 games and convert to Islam in the NRL!

blaza88z

Coach
Channel 9 are a real stain, they aired this on A Current Affair about a month ago and all of a sudden he pops up in the NSW Origin side so they give it a bit more air time (it's on right now actually), i'm not supporting this assault or any other assault I just don't think this gets any more air time if Payne Haas had not become the player he is turning out to be

Home of Rugby League my arse

dogslife

Coach
Channel 9 are a real stain, they aired this on A Current Affair about a month ago and all of a sudden he pops up in the NSW Origin side so they give it a bit more air time (it's on right now actually), i'm not supporting this assault or any other assault I just don't think this gets any more air time if Payne Haas had not become the player he is turning out to be

Home of Rugby League my arse
Really damaging the Friday night Broncos' brand

Latest posts