What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payten to coach Cowboys - slothfield

Vee

First Grade
Apparently in the DT tomorrow according to hannah.

If true, I'm pretty happy with that.

Incorrect

Coach
Good on him, he’s done well with the Warriors. Seems to be a good coach and straight talker
Agreed. Doesn't seem prone to needless emotional outbursts positive or negative, just keeps a lid on things either way. Hope he does well.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Excellent signing. I think he has been close to getting a couple other jobs in the past and he has worked wonders at the Warriors. I would have loved him to stay there but obviously for family reasons he wants a gig in Australia.

I know NQ's fanbase aren't as timid as the Saints supporters, so how many rounds in to 2021 before we start seeing I'M HATIN' ON PAYTEN banners?

Edited for @butchmcdick

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Hopefully he gets us back winning in a flash........

images

images

I’ll show myself out.......

Surprised it took this long for the Cowboys to realise he was the man for the job.

I was ready for the lol’s if they went with Cartwright.

davi

Juniors
Interesting the Warriors have lost their next three games since Todd Payten has been appointed as Cowboys coach. Warriors schedule wasn't the easiest but it wasn't the hardest either losing to the Eels, Sharks, and Raiders. I will acknowledge they are all top eight teams though.

It happens. Dragons have seem to given up knowing that Dean Young won't be there next year. I don't think the Warriors have given up, they played tough against the eels despite losing. But I think it can affect a players mindset knowing the coach won't be there next year.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Interesting the Warriors have lost their next three games since Todd Payten has been appointed as Cowboys coach. Warriors schedule wasn't the easiest but it wasn't the hardest either losing to the Eels, Sharks, and Raiders. I will acknowledge they are all top eight teams though.

It happens. Dragons have seem to given up knowing that Dean Young won't be there next year. I don't think the Warriors have given up, they played tough against the eels despite losing. But I think it can affect a players mindset knowing the coach won't be there next year.

Warriors don't look like a team that's given up to me. They look like they are still giving it their all but are tired and busted up and would like to get on a plane home.

Grizzman

Juniors
Warriors don't look like a team that's given up to me. They look like they are still giving it their all but are tired and busted up and would like to get on a plane home.
Agree wholeheartedly with this. I have supported this team since 1995 and I've never been more proud of them than I have this year. They started on the back foot with a bunch of season ending injuries to key players ( Ah Mau, Afoa, Roache,) and it never got much better for them but they kept turning up.
Thanks also to Parramatta, Penrith and the Roosters for their loan players. We would not have made it without them and they should be acknowledged for that. No thanks to those who refused. You know who you are.

AJB1102

First Grade
No thanks to those who refused. You know who you are.

Mate some of the requests were pretty audacious. They asked Cronulla for Hamlin-Uele when our pack was Woods, Graham and a few of blokes without 20 games under their belt. There was a similar approach to another club but I can't remember player or club at the moment.

Everyone is grateful and respects the sacrifices your club has made. I purchased one of the All In memberships.

But no amount of gratitude was gonna make another club harm their chances for your sake.

Parra wouldn't even let G Jenko and Alvaro play against them.

The players you were lent were lent to get some first grade under the belt in case they're needed later or just to improve them. There was nothing selfless in loaning players.