What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PC Version - Install problems - anyone else experience this?

rabs

Staff member
I got an error after the selecting Games and Movies screen at install. I am running windows xp with service pack 1. Anyone know about this problem?

Erhan

Juniors
My CD didnt even load up initially, so I disabled my antivirus and stopped everything I could in the background and it worked.

rabs

Staff member
Erhan said:
My CD didnt even load up initially, so I disabled my antivirus and stopped everything I could in the background and it worked.

As with you Erhan, my CD didn't autorun either. I disabled everything but still had to run the setup manually. I still got the error though.

I have since reinstalled Windows XP and the CD autoran and the game loaded fine, I am playing! So PC users beware, your CD probably isn't faulty, it's damned windows!

broncos4eva

Juniors
NO NO NO...U GUYS HAVE IT ALL WRONG!!!! I had exactly the same errors come up and i was panicking as well, HOWEVER, the CD SOMEHOW recognises that the Demo is installed onyour PC and what you need to do is click on the "Remove All" option to remove it, then click onto setup again and all is fine :) This was sending me CRAZI until i found the solution. i had my Win XP cd ready in one hand to format and re-install in need be but luckily i found the solution. hope it helps u all out before its too late!

ouwet

Bench
I just bought the game from EB at Bankstown (NO pre-order), but im stuck at work til 5.30 :x ... I cant wait to go home and play it!!!!!

rabs

Staff member
broncos4eva said:
NO NO NO...U GUYS HAVE IT ALL WRONG!!!! I had exactly the same errors come up and i was panicking as well, HOWEVER, the CD SOMEHOW recognises that the Demo is installed onyour PC and what you need to do is click on the "Remove All" option to remove it, then click onto setup again and all is fine :) This was sending me CRAZI until i found the solution. i had my Win XP cd ready in one hand to format and re-install in need be but luckily i found the solution. hope it helps u all out before its too late!

ahhh brilliant man

HES_TECH

Juniors
broncos4eva is right, you need to uninstall the PC demo version before you install the full version of the game. Also remember to disable any anti-virus software and to have the latest video drivers installed on your pc.

Super Coach

Juniors
the demo has been uninstalled and it comes up with an error message during the install Internal Failure 0x80040707.

Any tips?