What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peachey to Widnes less likely

Widnes lost again on weekend, compounding that Wakefield winning there is now a 3 pt gap between these clubs, there is 8 games remaining in the comp there run home is Wakefield (h), Hull (h), Bradford (a), Wigan (h), Warrington (a), Wakefield (a), Leigh (h), London (a), on that draw definate win over Leigh and split Wakefield matches, lose all away as teams well above and jag either hull or wigan at home they will finish with 17pts
Wakefields run home Widnes (a), Wigan (a), Huddersfield (h), St Helens (a), Salford (a), Widnes (h), Hull (h), Leeds (a) on that run home they split the Widnes matches, they get 1 away win vs salford 2 pts ahead on ladder, and get Huddersfield match at home thats 6pts giving them 20pts.

Salford are 2 pts ahead of Wakefield at moment are virtually safe of the drop, crucial match this weekend Widnes at Home to Wakefield, should Wakefield win, small upset would be 5 pts clear and would be quite happy in predicting they would get home.

Why i say this is that i have knocked Peachey in the past, i do believe he is playing great at the moment and the club should hold $100k-$125k in ther cap and offer Peach another year should Widnes get the drop, this would show loyalty, and i believe Peach would accept, and put a great season in next year, and help the youngsters coming through

>zuzu<

Juniors
I think we have to leak out the "loyal" part of footballers minds. At the end of the day they are going to do whats best for their "family" aka WALLET.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
>zuzu< said:
I think we have to leak out the "loyal" part of footballers minds. At the end of the day they are going to do whats best for their "family" aka WALLET.

Not necessarily. Look at the Anasta situation. Don't you think he could of got more money at Souths than Roosters.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Peachey should be offered $240k RIGHT NOW plus an extra 1 year option in his favour, with the club being able to use him either as a coach or player in 2007.

The widnes deal is void if they are relegated, they will not be paying players $300k per year to play in front of 1000 people, as the lose sponsorhsip, ticket holders and tv rights, so if widnes goes we need to resign peach, even now club should offer him contract just in case widens get the drop, and that will be much clearer this weekend when they Wakefield a loss to them and 5 points behind the team they need to pass

Shark

Bench
I reckon the NRL needs a relegation system...

Would certainly put a heap more interest in PL anyway!

lolesi

First Grade
Thats the bulldogs, and by the look of how cold they are, it was early this year when they where in England?

Now it hots up Wakefield defeated Widnes earlier today leaving both Wakefield & Salford on 16pts, 5 clear of Widnes on 11, now what do the sharks do, they must offer Peachey at least 1 year deal as his widens contract looks likely to fall through, widens need to win minimum of 3 games of least 7 to catch either salfor and Wakefield, as salford is to play wakefield, its more likely that widens need 4 of 7, with ther draw, its most unlikely, sharks borad offer peach 1 more year please

Thomo.

First Grade
longy was there at the knights game, in the concourse in front of beer hill. f**k he is huge!

black_dot

Juniors
Widnes finishing lat will not necassarily mean they re relegated. It is the opinion of people involved in peaches transfer there that there is a legal avenue for Widnes to take to avoid relegation. They have recently built a fantastic stadium and are financially very strong, there is a precedent that allows them to challenge the relegation on financial grounds and building for the future.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
black_dot said:
Widnes finishing lat will not necassarily mean they re relegated. It is the opinion of people involved in peaches transfer there that there is a legal avenue for Widnes to take to avoid relegation. They have recently built a fantastic stadium and are financially very strong, there is a precedent that allows them to challenge the relegation on financial grounds and building for the future.

Also

Is not UTC coming in?

It's normal to relegate 2 teams. If they do that there will be a bye in the ESL due to UTC coming in. Even after they promote 2 teams.