What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pearce

8Ball

First Grade
Honestly, I thought he was pretty decent behind a badly smashed forward pack. Way of the future for NSW imo. He has to stay. He and Barrett were probably NSW best players. Not much you can do in the halves when your starting props make 70m and 40m respectively.

Red Bear

Referee
I agree actually.

Second half, well what could they do? I dont think they got into the qld 25m area till about the 70th minute. Pearce did some nice play for the try and did some nice play early. Barrett really worked hard, played calmly and was good. But the pack was so badly smashed it didnt matter.

Have to keep Pearce there, Sutton to 5/8 IMO

I think they need to hold onto him. For years we've been chopping and changing the halfback to find someone who is good enough, Pearce I think is the man.

Where's that guy who posts on here and reckon's he's better than Pearce?

mrpwnd

Bench
Barrett...iunno gave alot of piss poor passes, but Mitchell was good, one thing i should mention is he kept trying to make a line break rather than doing the line break assisting.
But, overall absolute sh*t effort from the forward, specially the dragons pack - sh*thouse effort.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Pearce did well and showed enough tonight

He and Campese are the future NSW halves. Pity our forwards and outside backs suck arse. NSW will need a miracle to win a series in the next 5 years

Rudderriffic

Juniors
Biggest positive to come out of this match was Pearce. His comitment in defence to be the first to make contact on large wide running Maroon forwards was admirable, and his attack showed a solid foundation that can be built upon in future games. NSW now need to find him a long term (as in, more than two games in a row) partner in the halves, and cemet a quality structure around this.

Will it happen? Probably not, no, but we can cross our fingers.

Serc

First Grade
Yep, didn't do too badly given the hand he was dealt tonight...would like to see him get the job for a while.

Yosh

Coach
Definately a shining light at the end of our very dark tunnel. He got a try assist, put in some good kicks and took everything Thaiday and his mates threw at him. Did the jersey proud.

Danish

Referee
Look I don't think he played well.... no one played well for the blues tonight.

However his poor attack was completely the fault of our pop gun props and completely unwilling backrow. Similarly Barrett had no opportunity to show any attacking nous as we simply did not get the opportunities.

Pearce should be retained for game 3 and next year, with Campese next to him in all 4 games (might as well let them start building a combination this year so that they aren't just thrown into it next year).

perverse

Referee
John Sutton would have done well tonight at five eight IMO.
Wally Lewis wouldn't have done much out there tonight with that soft arse pack. Sutton would just be joining the reject heap if he were out there tonight.

the only selections that really matter for NSW at the moment are

the rest of the numbers don't mean sh*t until we get these ones right first.

Last edited: