What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penalties

T-Boon

Coach
I have to admit even though the defences dominated and tries were hard to come by there was a lot of very nice attack from the Tigers. Maybe the coaches are accepting the need to have more of a go from further out.

Life's Good

Coach
I have to admit even though the defences dominated and tries were hard to come by there was a lot of very nice attack from the Tigers. Maybe the coaches are accepting the need to have more of a go from further out.
4 passes??

Raiderdave

First Grade
Does everyone agree that the lack of line breaks is an issue and that it is the fault of coaches not wanting to take risks?
nobody agrees with you about anything

ever

if you want to watch touch football
then go watch it & leave us the F alone

Last edited:
A shit team? Ya know, for the last few years you'd be right.

If we maintain that kind of intensity and effort, we are a long way from shit.
Now now I was calling the tigers a shit team due to nobody rating them a snowflakes chance in hell at season's beginning,I was simply baiting the easiest catch on the site

300th game loser, feels good man

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Keep blowing the whistle refs. The players will adjust and the penalties will come down, but force them to make the adjustments.

The focus on correct play the ball speed has slowed the ruck, the stricter 10m is supposed to even it out.

Slower ruck speed also will force teams to get more creative because they can't just Fifita there way downfield.

Early season teams are a little more conservative as they adjust. If the refs hold their resolve the game will be better for it in the long run.

Tiger5150

Bench
Keep blowing the whistle refs. The players will adjust and the penalties will come down, but force them to make the adjustments.

The focus on correct play the ball speed has slowed the ruck, the stricter 10m is supposed to even it out.

Slower ruck speed also will force teams to get more creative because they can't just Fifita there way downfield.

Early season teams are a little more conservative as they adjust. If the refs hold their resolve the game will be better for it in the long run.

There is no problem with this....IF ...it is policed consistently and fairly to both sides. There is no way that was the case last night. After a 9-1 penalty count against the Tigers with 5 mins to go. Tigers player tackled 1m out right under the posts, ref calls held three times and the melbourne tackler literally picks the Tigers player up and turns him the wrong way. Would have been a penalty at the other end of the field.