What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penalty Try

KiamaSaint

Coach
Did deserve a try? I have seen clearer ones not given.

In that situation 2 points and a sin bin may have been better for Souths. It will make no difference in the end, just interested in thoughts.

Snappy

Coach
There there's been worse in recent history that havent been given a penalty try. Billy Slater has been guilty a couple times, and Cronk in Origin.

KiamaSaint

Coach
There there's been worse in recent history that havent been given a penalty try. Billy Slater has been guilty a couple times, and Cronk in Origin.

The Cronk one illustrates the point about the sin bin. It worked in NSW's favourite not to have that given, although I agree it was more of a sure thing than the Inglis one tonight.

Didgi

It could be seen that Inglis and Fergo slid to just about the goal line. Give GI an extra step or two and a clean catch and he makes it easily. Correct decision.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Manly fans are geniuss... convincing me to go for Melbourne next week.

Didn't think the great Adamkungle would object to sarcasm with an insult. I apologize, please continue with your great positive posts about manly. I've enjoyed them.

Eels Dude

Coach
Correct decision. It'd be good if the refs were more consistent no doubt, but there has to be a starting point for consistency and hopefully this is it in regards to penalty tries.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Correct decision. GI scores that 10 times out of 10. We happily get on the bandwagon and bitch every time they make a mistake, this time they were right.

I also didn't think it was a sin bin.

As for other similar ones not being given. Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because they've f**ked up at other times doesn't mean they should keep doing it wrong.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I really don't see how it couldn't be argued it wasn't a penalty try. Even my homeboy Skeepe agreed in the game thread.

That should be the very definition of a penalty try imo. Could not be any more obvious Inglis would have scored that try without Fergusons foul play.

Latest posts