What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pennies v warriors

Pomoz

Bench
What a load of absolute twaddle. 46 % of the ball. Penalty count 7 to zip. Allowed to lie in the ruck 3.45W to 3.51P. Yep Warriors had injuries. In the end Penrith did well without their first choice halves. May 3 try assists too. Burton 2 line drop outs.
Maybe we had 46% possession because we kept kicking the ball straight down the throat of the winger and the fullback.

murraymob

Coach
Anyone see clearys press conference you have to sign up to see it.interesting to see what he says about fisher harris injury

Whino

Bench
No Cleary or Luai I am happy to get the W.
Wasn't perfect and could have been a lot more interesting if the Warriors didn't lose 4 players to injury.
We got the win take it and run.
Hopefully Fish is ok.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
No Cleary or Luai I am happy to get the W.
Wasn't perfect and could have been a lot more interesting if the Warriors didn't lose 4 players to injury.
We got the win take it and run.
Hopefully Fish is ok.

I feel the same way. Some easy ruck tackles missed, so the bags will be out this week. 5 blokes backing up from origin too. Thought May has his best game at 1/2 for a couple of years.

Burton nailed a couple of kicks in goal in the 2nd half.

Like you hope Fish is OK.

Martin, and Api huge today. Kiks also had a much better game today.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Sadly, I did watch the whole game. You are quite right to point out that he kicked 2 grubbers out of 14 kicks, one of which he kicked dead. Only one repeat set. I don't remember the sweeping kick, does he have a mopping kick and a polishing kick in his repertoire as well?
You obviously did not watch the game closely at all. It was two. There is no point talking about a game with someone who won't even accept basic facts.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
You obviously did not watch the game closely at all. It was two. There is no point talking about a game with someone who won't even accept basic facts.

To your point about Burton and his kicking. Today for the first time I saw some variety in his kicking. A couple of longish kicks which defence had to chance, gave Penrith a good slice of field position at the time.

Yep there were issues, as Cleary said, I though the ruck speed was a little clunky, but that can happen when opposition has the chance to lay all over the play the ball.( my thoughts)

I thought May for the first today showed some vision at half. Cleary thought we missed opportunities in attack and defence. Thought we looked a little off. (Cleary's words not mine). A lot to work on. (Cleary). Hopes that Jarome will be back next week.

Thought Tyrone played well. (Cleary again). Liam Martin also did very well. Outstanding. Comming back from origin full of confidence and full of energy. Admitted Melbourne the benchmark. Disrupted by origin the past 6 weeks.

A summay Of Cleary's presser. Unsure about what's happened with Fish's 3 injuries.

Abacus

Juniors
I feel the same way. Some easy ruck tackles missed, so the bags will be out this week. 5 blokes backing up from origin too. Thought May has his best game at 1/2 for a couple of years.

Burton nailed a couple of kicks in goal in the 2nd half.

Like you hope Fish is OK.

Martin, and Api huge today. Kiks also had a much better game today.
Kiks was poo.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Sadly, I did watch the whole game. You are quite right to point out that he kicked 2 grubbers out of 14 kicks, one of which he kicked dead. Only one repeat set. I don't remember the sweeping kick, does he have a mopping kick and a polishing kick in his repertoire as well?

Anyway, Burton's a great player but his kicking was crap today. He managed to find the winger and fullback pretty consistently, sadly he couldn't do it to his own teams mates when passing. He had a poor game but really, what about the game plan? "Right lads, what we are going to do is kick the ball as high as we can as often as we can. They won't know what hit em". I think the genius game plan had a lot to do with how we played. Incidentally, it is a style of play we have seen Ivan coached teams deliver before, even when Cleary was halfback.
The high kicks are a defensive decision to set the defensive line. Worked well and Burton did as asked

The Realist

Juniors
I am not sure what to make of this game - my gut says that we were very ordinary. We should have put 30 on a team that was without a bench for over 40 minutes and missing 2/4 spine players as well as 2 of their 3 best players.

We were definitely very clunky. Not sure what to think of us defensively - Naden showed why IC didn;t use him more this year - caught out of position once and also giving away too many penalties with loose tackling technique. Yeo was also not quite as tidy as he normally is getting caught out once for the warriors 1st try and giving away a few penalties.

On the other hand, Kikau is starting to find some form a solid 7/10 from him after many games this season where he has been a 5 or 6 at best. Marto was very strong as per usual. Yeo despite slighly untidy defense mentioned above was still excellent.

I was really pleased to see how May performed. 3 Try assists with very good passes and other than the last try in the game, was solid defensively. I'd argue that there was not much he could have done there even with the Warriors last try.

Happy with the win in the end but sweating on JFH. We aren't winning against the Storm without him and other games will become that much harder - he is that important to us.

franklin2323

Immortal
I am not sure what to make of this game - my gut says that we were very ordinary. We should have put 30 on a team that was without a bench for over 40 minutes and missing 2/4 spine players as well as 2 of their 3 best players.

We were definitely very clunky. Not sure what to think of us defensively - Naden showed why IC didn;t use him more this year - caught out of position once and also giving away too many penalties with loose tackling technique. Yeo was also not quite as tidy as he normally is getting caught out once for the warriors 1st try and giving away a few penalties.

On the other hand, Kikau is starting to find some form a solid 7/10 from him after many games this season where he has been a 5 or 6 at best. Marto was very strong as per usual. Yeo despite slighly untidy defense mentioned above was still excellent.

I was really pleased to see how May performed. 3 Try assists with very good passes and other than the last try in the game, was solid defensively. I'd argue that there was not much he could have done there even with the Warriors last try.

Happy with the win in the end but sweating on JFH. We aren't winning against the Storm without him and other games will become that much harder - he is that important to us.
Having the 16 days off is great to get rid of bumps and bruises.

Does lead to clunky performances. Stop start footy doesn't suit us so all those little breathers helped them.

Got the 2 points and guys like May and Kikau looking to get into some form is always good

Smug Panther

First Grade
Having the 16 days off is great to get rid of bumps and bruises.

Does lead to clunky performances. Stop start footy doesn't suit us so all those little breathers helped them.

Got the 2 points and guys like May and Kikau looking to get into some form is always good
May went good but he'll never be a real option against a good side in a semi

hindy111

Post Whore
May outplayed Burton imo.
Warriors perhaps win today had they not lost RTS,EGAN,Tohu Harris in first 15mins...And then Roco Berry in 35th.

They played 45mins with nobody on bench. Pulled up for a marginal forward pass at a crucial time also. Poor performance by Penrith. Should of won by 30+ under circumstance.

In saying that Souths where poor also. Can't be great every week.
Burton's had 4 or 5 games in halves and hasn't impressed me a whole lot. I guess I am expecting more from him. But he doesn't look close to the same level as Luai or Nathan.

Storm win this completion imo. I hope I am wrong but they are a few levels above anyone else from where I am sitting.

Latest posts