What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith and Parramatta favourites for NRL wooden spoon

Parra Pride

Referee
THE NRL's battle of the west has never been this fierce.

When is the last time you remember Penrith and Parramatta both being favourites to finish the season with the wooden spoon?

That was the news coming out of TAB Sportsbet last night when they posted the new betting markets ahead of round four.

In the wake of their dreadful start to the 2011 season, the Panthers are the $4.50 favourites to finish the year with the most loses while the Eels are now right on their heels at $5.00 for rugby league's most unwanted title.

"It's a very congested market," TAB Sportsbet's Glenn Munsie said. "Cronulla and the Cowboys were the top two sides before we kicked a ball this year while Penrith started this as a $16 chance. They are $4.50 favourites after three rounds."

However, Panthers flyer Michael Jennings yesterday fired back.

"I think people forget we finished second last year," Jennings said.

"There were two games we didn't perform to our best, but I bet [bookmakers] didn't see us against Parra. It's silly people are even talking about it."

But Munsie is adamant the clubs deserve to be favourites for the spoon.

"Parramatta got rid of their coach, promised a lot, were very well supported before the first round," he said.

"Then they came out and scored an upset win against the Warriors in New Zealand but have been very, very poor their next two."

Interestingly, the Eels are $1.80 favourites over the Cowboys who are paying $2 on Saturday night.

The Panthers though are paying $2.85 against the Broncos who are at $1.42 to win on Friday night.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...nrl-wooden-spoon/story-e6frexnr-1226030294768

natheel

Coach
well i hope SK shows this to the players tomorrow at training and this fires them up!

Maroubra Eel

Coach
It's just a rebuilding year.

We're going to be awesome once rebuilt.

Although anyone backing us for the spoon is going to be disappointed.

Gronk

Staff member
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Dads-army-header-600.gif

Snoochies

First Grade
We are favourties against the Cowboys!! :crazy:

Did they not watch the Cowboys demolish the Storm on Monday night. :?

How the F are Parra favourites to beat the Cowboys?

It wont feel right, when I do my tips, to be tipping Parra (as favourites!) I cant see how Cowboys winning, would be considered an "upset"!

Swiftstylez

Bench
How is this a rebuilding year? LOL. Every year is apparently. There is no such thing. f**king playing properly.

born an eel

Bench
a coach doesn't get sacked in his first year of a 3 year contract, only if he doesn't show improvement in his second year. The only way is up.

mrpwnd

Bench
It's a good sign.
Wooden spoons generally spell success in the 2nd year, nothing fires up a team more than wanting to avoid successive spoons...Except the Sharks, although they seem to be playing pretty f**king good too atm.

eels81236

Bench
It's a good sign.
Wooden spoons generally spell success in the 2nd year, nothing fires up a team more than wanting to avoid successive spoons...Except the Sharks, although they seem to be playing pretty f**king good too atm.

Boxy? Is that you?

Parra Pride

Referee
I'm glad about this, its the years where the common consensus is that we will lose when we actually have an impact on the competition, usually.

Latest posts