What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith ground upgrade?

Moffo

Referee
Any chance of it happening soon? I only caught 1/2 the story this morning as i was just waking up, but apparently the Gov't has promised them 27million to upgrade the ground?

Any info would be good

Cheers,
Moffo

Mark Rudd

Juniors
I read in the last issue of Big League on a page adverstising Knights memberships. It mentioned getting one to get a seat in the "new stadium".

What new stadium? They deserve one though. 35,000-40,000.

Penrith need a 30-35,000 seater.

Southernsaint

Staff member
And how many registered clubs are under the "Panthers" banner?? Surely they don't need government hand-outs to fund any upgrade??

Cheers,
Ben S.

King Tigerman

Juniors
but they cant because of the idiot tax

also penrith stadium should be 25000 maximum wait a few years to see if the crowds still come then double the size of the stand on the mulgoa rd side of the ground

trevorm

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
And how many registered clubs are under the "Panthers" banner?? Surely they don't need government hand-outs to fund any upgrade??

Cheers,
Ben S.

Panthers do not own the land. Why would you spend 27 Million on someone elses land? I think the State Government own the land or the council.

Caged Panther

First Grade
trevorm said:
Southernsaint said:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Panthers do not own the land. Why would you spend 27 Million on someone elses land? I think the State Government own the land or the council.

Yep penrith only lease the land from penrith council, though I do believe they have agree to make some sort of contribution.

trevorm said:
Panthers do not own the land. Why would you spend 27 Million on someone elses land?

Because of the increased revenue you would make from the improvements. For $27million, though, you would want to have a lot of extra demand out there.