What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers Jersey Flegg/NSW Cup 2022 Discussion Thread

Iamback

Coach
Not sure about that. Laurie and staines were considered even when they were here together.

He just looks about the same speed and all the same skillset

Watch him mow down the Mounties player from that break.

He ran down Duffy twice earlier in the year too

Girds89

Bench
Watch him mow down the Mounties player from that break.

He ran down Duffy twice earlier in the year too
Laurie was one of the fastest in the comp pre broken leg..

Not sure how thats affected him now..

None of us can know who is quicker..

So many variables affect things...

The noted speedster staines got chased down on a clean break in 40m this year in cup by a 5/8th....

Thered be absolutley nothing between iongi and laurie. I reckon over a 100 theyd finish within a few meters of each other.

Iamback

Coach

The noted speedster staines got chased down on a clean break in 40m this year in cup by a 5/8th....

Thered be absolutley nothing between iongi and laurie. I reckon over a 100 theyd finish within a few meters of each other.

The QLD Cup scouts rated Iongi the fastest they have seen, I never heard anyone say Laurie had such speed.

As for Staines, often these guys have an athletics background. Staines before he hit fulltime isn't caught, guys are rawer. Cini was actually the fastest in that Ball side yet now is huge so lost it

Girds89

Bench
The QLD Cup scouts rated Iongi the fastest they have seen, I never heard anyone say Laurie had such speed.

Cant remember where i read it or heard it, could have been an interview or article in the weekender. But from when laurie and staines playing flegg together.. coach was asked who is the quickest and made a joke that laurie and staines are neck and neck over a 100.

Theres plenty of articles about lauries speed

As for Staines, often these guys have an athletics background. Staines before he hit fulltime isn't caught, guys are rawer. Cini was actually the fastest in that Ball side yet now is huge so lost it
Who should we keep from the Flegg side?

Iamback

Coach
Who should we keep from the Flegg side?

Only Hassett that played today we don't have locked up.

The Ball aged guys are starting to look the part up there. Ison was great on debut

El-Nchar is looking better and better every time I see him
The Puru's are too good for that grade, Should be regular NSW Cup guys next year

Lisati of course but I rate him very highly

Only Hassett that played today we don't have locked up.

The Ball aged guys are starting to look the part up there. Ison was great on debut

El-Nchar is looking better and better every time I see him
The Puru's are too good for that grade, Should be regular NSW Cup guys next year

Lisati of course but I rate him very highly
What’s your thought on Sam Lane?
Has Tyreece Tonga been retained?

Smug Panther

First Grade

Staines also ran down Addo-Carr

Girds89

Bench
Staines also ran down Addo-Carr
Wouldnt say he run him down. They were even and he got him.

Staines is quick without the ball... but he just doesnt translate that speed to carrying the ball.

Take tago.

Hes appears to be as quick with the ball as without.

Some players have that speed some dont.

snickers007

Juniors
Flegg is currently 6th

Win tomorrow and jump to 3rd and finish 3rd.

Big effort to turn the season around. Was looking especially ugly when our NRL team was decimated during Origin.

Can't see anyone beating the Roosters, but we wouldn't look out of place in the prelim or GF.

Iamback

Coach
Big effort to turn the season around. Was looking especially ugly when our NRL team was decimated during Origin.

Can't see anyone beating the Roosters, but we wouldn't look out of place in the prelim or GF.

Full strength no one can beat us in any grade.

The problem is for those guys is they get what is left player wise.

I don't see SOS playing a NSW Cup game for example, Toelau broke is cheek. Which means Cole and or Iongi stays up there.

Still as you said getting to the last week is possible and a good building block for depth.

Our left overs in both grades go to St Marys RM and SS, the Shield team in particular should win their comp as they were clearly the best side.

RM lost players as NSW Cup did, finished 2nd but went out in straight sets

Latest posts