What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers Membership prices.

BDGS

Bench
$500 for one kids and one adult membership is too steep.

I live near Penrith, and although if i were a panthers fan i would be able to afford it however i know a few people in the area that wouldn't consider becoming a member just because of the price.

I recently was a guest at a Panthers members house and they told me that paid $500 dollars for two season tickets, an adult and a childs membership. I thought to myself 'that can't be right' and have looked it up online.

The grandstand membership (under cover) prices are:
Adult = 300
Child = 200
Concession = 200
Family* = 620

Now i think that is massively overpriced, for this teams target group

Terrace membership (not under cover) has prices i would think would suit the highest membership paid price at a club whose target group is of an higher income average. Prices are:

Adult = 220
Child = 120
Concession = 120
Family* = 500

Blackhole Memberships are a fair price:

Adult = 180
Child = 80
Concession = 80
Family* = 360

General Admission prices are over priced as well, prices:

Adult = 180
Child = 80
Concession = 80
Family* = 360

GA tickets are outrageous, At the dogs a GA ticket is $95 Adult, Child $35, Concession $65 and a Family $220.

The GA memberships and the Grandstand memberships are outrageous, they need to lower the prices of these areas to gain more members. It's little wonder why they struggle for crowds and members.

BDGS

Bench
The blackhole is a grouping of black seats in the Terrace at Penrith Stadium. Most of the seats at the venue are Red. It's a place for their supporters group.

Similar to the burrow, the kennel etc.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Blackhole is sold out for this year. About 750 members.

As for your Family Membership it is 2 Adults and 2 Kids.

BDGS

Bench
Blackhole is sold out for this year. About 750 members.

As for your Family Membership it is 2 Adults and 2 Kids.

What are your thoughts on the grandstand and GA memberships?

That's my main thing, they are both massively over priced for the venue.

Is there a reason it must be that high?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Just over $50 a game to sit near halfway under cover for the whole family per game is reasonable IMO. Not sure where we stack up against other clubs though.

BDGS

Bench
It's not a shot at the club by any stretch, i just think that lower prices would significantly increase the membership of the Panthers. I hope Gould does something in this area for next season.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
um does seem a bit steep. I was actually talking to a panthers fan about this a few weeks ago and he said it definitely discourages many from signing up.

Is this something Gould could have influence over and change??

Eels Dude

Coach
I'd say it's more that the Bulldogs memberships are extremely cheap than the Panthers being expensive. The Bulldogs can afford to have their GA memberships cheap because they play out of such a large stadium. And while they may not profit out of food and drink ANZ stadium's prices compared to other stadiums are outlandish so consumers would end up paying the same anyway.

Parra's prices are roughly the same as the Panthers and I'd think most clubs would be. It's not really much 180 bucks when you consider that's 12 games plus all the other benefits.

BDGS

Bench
I'd say it's more that the Bulldogs memberships are extremely cheap than the Panthers being expensive. The Bulldogs can afford to have their GA memberships cheap because they play out of such a large stadium. And while they may not profit out of food and drink ANZ stadium's prices compared to other stadiums are outlandish so consumers would end up paying the same anyway.

Parra's prices are roughly the same as the Panthers and I'd think most clubs would be. It's not really much 180 bucks when you consider that's 12 games plus all the other benefits.

Wouldn't other clubs benefit from lowering GA tickets if it means a significant increase on membership numbers.

Claws Panther

Juniors
I think you will find that it is just the Bulldogs that have such a cheap membership rather than Panthers being too high. The $500 for one adult and one child are for the best seats in the house which is a sold out section of the stadium under cover on halfway.
But just to show you some other memberships as examples:
Roosters Grandstand Halfway: $325 adult $870 family
Roosters GA: $99 adult family $319
Sharks GA: $180 Adult $420 family
Sharks reserved halfway: $850 family $1600 (platinum)
Eels Grandstand halfway: $315 adult $665 family
Eels GA:$175 Adult $440 family
Panthers Grandstand halfway: $300 adult $620 Family
Panthers GA: $180 Adult $360 family
Bulldogs Grandstand halfway:$295 adult $700 family
Bulldogs GA:$95 Adult $220 Family

so it seems all relative.

franklin2323

Immortal
$25 to sit right next to tunnel. How many grounds can offer the same?? The other week I paid $30 to sit on the hill at Campbelltown. If every team got $100,000 to host home games regardless of the turnout maybe everyone could be as cheap.

I will say this the BBQ at Centrebet is the best food at any NRL ground. Not only that Vodka, bourbon & cheap full strength beer. Not mid strength rubbish.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I will say this the BBQ at Centrebet is the best food at any NRL ground. Not only that Vodka, bourbon & cheap full strength beer. Not mid strength rubbish.

Assuming they actually have what you want. I went to get a cheese burger from the BBQ in the eastern stand on monday night only to be told they don't have any cheese. WTF? :?

franklin2323

Immortal
Assuming they actually have what you want. I went to get a cheese burger from the BBQ in the eastern stand on monday night only to be told they don't have any cheese. WTF? :?

Yeah that is the problem it's too nice. Quite often demand is higher then supply. I hit it before NYC. If not the bacon's gone & sometimes steak