What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers: Men In...?

Panther67

Juniors
This may be a little random, but does anyone have any clue why the Panthers are changing their colours every 3-5 years?
I just can't keep up! :crazy:
Panther67

franklin2323

Immortal
This may be a little random, but does anyone have any clue why the Panthers are changing their colours every 3-5 years?
Panther67

To p!ss people off. The amount of people I know who bought a teal jersey over the offseason. Only for it to never be used over the season. Without explanation either. Rebel sport only has the 91 & teal very hard to get an image when we always change

Fibroman

First Grade
Panther67

Yep. Easy questions champ. Most of the board of directors are ex bombers. Bombers being graffitti artists, as opposed to bullsh1t artists like old mate stretch.

murraymob

Coach
i am not a fan of constantly changing jerseys but would love to see us have a aboriginal themed jersey.We need to tap into as many markets as we can .Supporting charitys is fine but there needs to be a limit

franklin2323

Immortal
i am not a fan of constantly changing jerseys but would love to see us have a aboriginal themed jersey.We need to tap into as many markets as we can .Supporting charitys is fine but there needs to be a limit

I have no problem with charity jerseys. Always changing our 2 main jerseys are a pain. Cases like the teal being sold as an offical jersey yet never getting worn should never happen

Panther67

Juniors
Does anyone know why the club dumped the teal jersey? I mean, the white one is better, but that was one of the highest selling Penrith jerseys and then they never use it. Should've waitied till 2012 to change.

Big Mick

Referee
Fans wanted Teal gone. The White Ribbon jersey sold really well and was well received so they stuck with it.

Good on em. The teal was crap and now we can hopefully have a normal set of stable colours fans can identify with.

Black Majik

Juniors
In fact, the NRL decided Penriths alternative jersey would clash with other hme teams jerseys and said that Penrith had to come up with a different "alternative". Luckily they had the white ribbon jersey completed in time and it became our alternative.

It is an NRL objective to have all alternative jerseys be basic white or have teams have a jersey which is predominantly white.

franklin2323

Immortal
In fact, the NRL decided Penriths alternative jersey would clash with other hme teams jerseys and said that Penrith had to come up with a different "alternative". Luckily they had the white ribbon jersey completed in time and it became our alternative.

It is an NRL objective to have all alternative jerseys be basic white or have teams have a jersey which is predominantly white.

The problem with that was you could only buy it at the Panthers Shop. The issue I have is if your a new fan or a casual supporter you watch as play on the TV. They go I like that Panthers team I will buy a jersey you go to the nearest Rebel and they only have the 91 or Teal (the 4 times I was out of town I thought I would look). They get told the Teal is the current jersey offically it's true despite never wearing it despite a few chances we had.

We need to stick to whatever jersey we choose so we can build up the image for current and future fans, Sponsor etc. It's very easy to recognise the Red V. Or the Manly maroon and white. We need to get that same for Penrith.

maple_69

Bench
Sounds like the NRL is to blame for their ridiculous and inconsistent policies on alternative jerseys.
All the same, I'd be happy, now that we have a kosher jersey, to stick with that design, with only slight alterations, modernising every few years.

Also need to decide on a home jersey design and keep it.
The poll on PI suggested most people want the 91 heritage jersey back. For the sake of not changing colours, I'd be interested to see the 91 design with the teal and rust stripes instead of the licorice stripes.

franklin2323

Immortal
Sounds like the NRL is to blame for their ridiculous and inconsistent policies on alternative jerseys.
All the same, I'd be happy, now that we have a kosher jersey, to stick with that design, with only slight alterations, modernising every few years.

The poll on PI suggested most people want the 91 heritage jersey back. For the sake of not changing colours, I'd be interested to see the 91 design with the teal and rust stripes instead of the licorice stripes.

That could work. either way we need to keep it long term

Black Majik

Juniors

Did you see the version posted towards the end with teal and white stripes? I thought that looked like a good mix of our current colours and past designs.

panthersstripes.jpg

Latest posts