What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith produce comeback of the year ... actually, of the last 110 years

mxlegend99

Referee
We let go of a 22 nil I think it was lead over Eels back in 2010 or 11. It was a carve up early on. But Adrian Purtell made Cheyse Blair or Joel Reddy.. I cant remember who carved him up look like a superstar. That was I think the most painful one I was at... with a few Eels supporter mates.

Most these games don't leave much of a lasting memory unless you're specifically trying to recall them. We have had a lot of come from behind victories. They arent as memorable when it happens 4 or 5 times in a season. Maybe if we did it in a finals match. Although id rather win a hard fought 80 minute performance.

Last edited:

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
I remember a game against the Knights in the 90s, We were well in front at halftime. I was giving my brother-in-law ( he was a mad Knights supporter) a gob full all through the break. The Knights came out and toweled us up in the second half and won the game. I then had to eat humble pie for the rest of the night.
Great times.

franklin2323

Immortal
We had a good comeback v Knights up there in 2010. We have had a few good comebacks in fairly recent history

TheFrog

Coach
and imagine if we could click for the full 80
...and do it in the finals....

the Fox commentators seemed annoyed that Penrith had won.

Gasnier was whinging repeatedly about this result whilst calling another match the following day. It's as though a team conceding 22 in 7 minutes after leading by 18 late in the game deserves anything but defeat.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Well I remember it well because I was celebrating my 17th birthday that night at the ground and we blew a 26-0 lead to lose to another pretty ordinary team by 36-28.

As for the game on Saturday, it won't be remembered too well because the Fox commentators seemed annoyed that Penrith had won. I mean it's true we were ordinary for most of the game but it's still pretty extraordinary to score 4 tries in 7 minutes to a win a game from nowhere.

I re-watched it and the commentary was absolutely against us.

betcats

Referee
We had a good comeback v Knights up there in 2010. We have had a few good comebacks in fairly recent history

And they never get talked about. At least the one against the warriors we created our own tries(all of them) and played better for longer.

The manly game statistically might’ve been a great comeback but after the excitement of winning has gone anyone who watched it will tell it was a shit game of footy, trying to make it out as something special is a sad indictment of where our season is heading.

OldPanther

Coach
Even without it becoming pro/anti Griffin this team has had a dozen reasonable comebacks while playing under Griffin. It's great that they stay in the contest mentally but it doesn't really stand out. Maybe in a few years if people look back and remember it as the moment we went on a run to the GF or something.

franklin2323

Immortal
And they never get talked about. At least the one against the warriors we created our own tries(all of them) and played better for longer.

The manly game statistically might’ve been a great comeback but after the excitement of winning has gone anyone who watched it will tell it was a shit game of footy, trying to make it out as something special is a sad indictment of where our season is heading.

So what makes that Tigers one in 2000 be talked about? I rate the Parra one at home in 09 better. Newcastle one too was better personally

GongPanther

Referee
Can't see it. We were f**king awful
As they say you're only as good as your last half of a football game. And we were simply brilliant. To score 4 tries in 7 minutes is stuff legends are made of. When people sit back,and give it time then look back on what we did in this game,it will be then be more appreciated.

Latest posts