What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v parradontmatter

MugaB

Coach
Parra are copping an anal bashing.
It's just how it should be, until you get your academy up and running fulltime to match the panthers, infact most of the sydney clubs are a decade away from getting that junior talent that was on show last night.... we brought the paddle too

Last edited:

Smug Panther

First Grade
Looks like Martin will start off the bench taking some minutes away from Yeo, note he said our three backrower pretty much confirming he has no desire to play Martin at prop. May coming in for Yeo was usually his job so I wonder where this puts him.
That sounds like he's talking about Kikau, Capewell and Martin to me

MugaB

Coach
Romey definitely looks like he’s bulked up. From where I was sitting in the upper level of the Eastern Grandstand, it was hard at times to tell him apart from To’o!!
Yes this, and if Critta colors his hair bright blonde, we could have some issues deterring kiks and critta, but its more of a defensive sych out

franklin2323

Immortal
They aren’t getting close to the 8 based on their pathetic defence yesterday. Their best side gave up 32 points on the first half. If that is expected then they are well and truly shithouse

Remember we lost a trial to a reserve grade Bulldogs under him. Then were 4th come the time he was sacked.

You can never read into what teams are doing in trials. Different teams have different objectives...

That said. I have said all pre season that I don't expect too much change. And they will be bottom 4

WestyLife

First Grade
Remember we lost a trial to a reserve grade Bulldogs under him. Then were 4th come the time he was sacked.

You can never read into what teams are doing in trials. Different teams have different objectives...

That said. I have said all pre season that I don't expect too much change. And they will be bottom 4
Issue was it was Dragons 1st grade Vs Souths reserve grade at one point and they still looked bad.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Solid hit out, I like what I saw from the starting 17.
Couple of players stood out to me.
- J’main Hopgood looked really good.

- Naden, holy cow, all be it limited minutes, he looked so fit and so fast. He’ll be apply pressure to get his spot back. I loved seeing that.

betcats

Referee
Yeah you can tell just with limited look at naden we got that he is the best shape he’s ever been in.

The nsw cup side should be good with Burton and Naden running out for them.

MugaB

Coach
Yeah i don't see momo, staying in the 17, if naden plays that good in that limited amount of time every week in the lower grades, but in saying that momo definitely earnt that spot, his defence was pretty good, just no attacl but, its a trial not the best barometer for the whole season, going off last nights performance, we are definitely top4 material again

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah i don't see momo, staying in the 17, if naden plays that good in that limited amount of time every week in the lower grades, but in saying that momo definitely earnt that spot, his defence was pretty good, just no attacl but, its a trial not the best barometer for the whole season, going off last nights performance, we are definitely top4 material again

Ivan wants a defensive centre that can create. That is Momo but a fit Naden pressures everyone

Original Name

Juniors
Mitchell has the best long cut out in the game right now. Good vision and he can be be crafty with his passing, double pump it, hold it up and go short or casually throw a 30m cutout pass. To me he is a real ball player better than a lot of the halves in that area when he is on.
Latrell is the best ball player in the NRL. The only guy with maybe a case to challenge him is maybe Moylan when fit and confident.

Last edited:

tripster

Juniors
Hopgood really looked good. He was ripping in continually in the middle of the field. Despite not being as big as a lot of the guys he was running into he was still making good PCM. You’d have to think after that performance he is a good chance of forcing himself onto the last spot on the bench.

Regarding Staines, you have to wonder whether he will start at wing once Naden is back from his four gain ban. Other than raw pace (Naden is of course no slouch either) Naden might have him covered in all other areas.

The_Frog

First Grade
It's just how it should be, until you get your academy up and running fulltime to match the panthers, infact most of the sydney clubs are a decade away from getting that junior talent that was on show last night.... we brought the paddle too
The reserve grade outcome was telling. Parra have quite a good top side but not much in the way of back-up.

Kilkenny

Coach
Two tries conceded across the the three grades so it was certainly a good day. Three convincing victories so all good.

I was really happy with our NRL trial I thought our defence was great and the 16-6 score line really didn’t reflect our overall dominance.

At the end of the day it means nothing, we have to go up a gear to beat the Cowboys who will be difficult opponents.