What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths semi final

Kilkenny

Coach
Isaah Yeo will be remembered as one of the greatest Panthers of all time.

It is a shame Covid has taken away the ultimate honour in terms of his earning a kangaroo jersey. I’m sure he will get there in the future.

The ultimate professional, ultimate clubman and a fine fine player.

GongPanther

Referee

It is a shame Covid has taken away the ultimate honour in terms of his earning a kangaroo jersey. I’m sure he will get there in the future.

Anyone recall a couple of years ago when a certain Newcastle supporter, and others, gave me heaps of shit when I declared Yeo will play SOO?

GongPanther

Referee
I know we are getting way ahead here but Yeo at $23 for Clive Churchill is pretty tempting
Fish, Cleary, Yeo, Luai, or To'o for mine. Outside chance Kiks if he has a barnstormer and makes up for his awful 1st half in last year's GF.

gurmiyrg__

Juniors
I was just on the souths thread for the game, the aim from their side seems to be to rough up us and potentially injure nathan especially. We have to be ready for this and make sure both sides of the ruck keep them away, especially Su'a if bennet actually decides to start him. If there was a way - it would be very helpful if we integrated Burton into the game to send up towering bombs as we know he defs has the ability to.

Also noting their FB position imo is still undecided gagai, AJ and even walker could make there way there with burns on the edges. Interesting what happens come saturday.

Original Name

Juniors
I was just on the souths thread for the game, the aim from their side seems to be to rough up us and potentially injure nathan especially. We have to be ready for this and make sure both sides of the ruck keep them away, especially Su'a if bennet actually decides to start him. If there was a way - it would be very helpful if we integrated Burton into the game to send up towering bombs as we know he defs has the ability to.

Also noting their FB position imo is still undecided gagai, AJ and even walker could make there way there with burns on the edges. Interesting what happens come saturday.
How many dislocated shoulders have you ever seen in a Rugby League game from a guy being ruffed up? (edit) It's usually not an injury that happens like that. It almost always happens in a fall and stuff like that and actual players instead of the Souths' arm chair fans would know that. E.g Reed Mahoney, Gareth Widdop (twice).

Last edited:

gurmiyrg__

Juniors
How many dislocated shoulders have you ever seen in a Rugby League game from a guy being ruffed up?
you never know with the merkins at south’s. we’ve seen arrow go at cleary multiple times and su’a will almost play like he has nothing to lose coz of the erratic fk he is. although not overly worried just a scare in the back of my mind, nathan’s tough in his own right though which is positive for us

Nealo 12

Bench

The Souffs forum is delusion central, they all tell each other they have inside knowledge and personal contacts in the club it’s actually hilarious

Original Name

Juniors
If we pay Melbourne, I’ll bet all the money in my pocket versus all the money in your pocket Kafusi chicken wings Nathan within 5 minutes.
I'll bet anyone anything it won't matter at all against Melbourne, Souths or whoever we play the third time. Nathan won't dislocate his shoulder tackling someone or getting tackles unless he's doing it while falling just like it didn't in the previous 4 games Nathan's played. Storm aren't the only team to do chicken wings. It won't matter.

Last edited:

DinkyDi

Juniors

DinkyDi

Juniors
We defeated the Rabbitohs for a combined score of 81 to 24 points during the two regular games. With no Mitchell, this winning streak can be maintained.

Girds89

Bench
Even without latrell im tipping the bunnies will be harder to beat this weekend.

I think its going to be a close, tough game. Hopefully we can get the job done without any injuries.

I think we definitley should incorporate burton and his kicking (long kicks and bombs) for the whole finals series.

Most teams knoe luai barely does any long kicking. But burton is great at it.

Getting him to do a few early might take a bit of heat of nath.

I think kiks should start on the bench. And, id be tempted to start with leniu. Just for the first 12 to 15mins. This period will no doubt be an arm wrestle. Maybe longer. Teams tend to sloe down a bit aftrr the 15min mark.

Spencer is very explosive and gets quicker play the balls than leota.

I also think all year leota has struggled against the tougher teams when its been an arm wrestle to start with.

He seems to do much better and be way more effective when teams fatigue abit. I think if ivan said to leota we need you to be the leader when fish and spencer come off. Hed really go up a level.

I wouldnt look at it as a demotion, more just having an even spread on the bench.

Id even be tempted to reverse kennys role and just give him 15mins at the start of the game. Tell him thats all his getting so tackle everything that moves. Rack up 30 tackles and soak up all that opening pressure. Gas yourself than bring on api when the game starts to open up a bit.

I know its a bit contraversial but i think the opening 15 mins or so of most finals games tends to be an arm wrestle for ascendency. That 15mins can really gas players for no real gain.

Kenny certainly doesnt offer anything in attack compared to api but his defence is rock solid and he is ultra fit and id back him to get through 25 or so tackles in limited mins and really lead our team for linespeed in defence.

Once the game fizzes out at 15mins or so id look at getting kenny and spencer off for leota and api.

Tpj for fish with 15 or so to go in the first half. Same with kiks for martin or capes.

I really think it would be an effective way of getting through the first 15 min grind as i dont see us blowing them off the park.

I think its going to be a tough battle before it starts to open up.

They will go toe to toe with us, maybe until kiks and tpj come on.

murraymob

Coach
How many dislocated shoulders have you ever seen in a Rugby League game from a guy being ruffed up? (edit) It's usually not an injury that happens like that. It almost always happens in a fall and stuff like that and actual players instead of the Souths' arm chair fans would know that. E.g Reed Mahoney, Gareth Widdop (twice).
There talking about taking him out .so that put any injury to the front.

Bodhi

Juniors
Souths fans on an internet forum dont play on the field. These bananas saying the aim is to take him out will be taking nothing out aside from 18 beers, 17 pies and a bowls of hot chips...

Hahaha! Cracked me up
😂

Vicpanther

Juniors
We will be behind at half time then come out and wipe the floor with them. The game plan lately seems to be a wait and see approach. See what they throw at us identify it then shut it down.
It looks like a lazy start but seems to be working.

Vicpanther

Juniors

I made a post a couple of seasons ago when he was in the centres and got injured. I said that would be the last time we seen him in first grade.
God I am glad I was wrong.

Latest posts